Driver (demining team)
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Ichnya
- Grade: Administrative support - Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education
- Administrative support
- Mine Action and Weapon Contamination
- Transport and Distribution
- Closing Date: Closed
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international humanitarian NGO that promotes and supports long-term solutions to the problems faced by internally displaced persons around the world. Since 2014, the DRC has been working in Ukraine to immediately support internally displaced persons. The head office of DRC in Ukraine is located in Kyiv. In different regions, a specialized unit is implementing a national program to clear the territories of mines and unexploded ordnance. About the vacancy. The driver of the demining team will work in areas contaminated with ammunition and drive an ambulance to provide medical support for humanitarian mine action.
About the vacancy:
The driver of the demining team will work in areas contaminated with ammunition and drive an ambulance to provide medical support for humanitarian mine action.
- Ensure safe and timely transportation of DRC personnel anywhere in the area of operational activity. Make sure that the vehicle is in good condition for transporting personnel at any time during working hours.
- Only personnel holding a valid national driver's license can drive a DRC vehicle. Always having a valid driver's license is everyone's personal responsibility Driver.
- A person who is not an employee of the DRC cannot be a passenger in vehicles without the permission of the management. Under no circumstances can DRB vehicles be used for personal gain. When driving in cities or towns, special care should be taken, and a speed limit of 40 km / h, outside the built-up areas - 80 km / h.
- The driver of the DRC who got into an accident should notify the management of the accident as soon as possible.
- A DRC driver who is involved in an accident due to non-compliance with traffic rules, or if the accident was the result of speeding or reckless driving, will be punished with a disciplined final written warning and reimbursement of repair costs. This decision is made by the program manager.
- All drivers are responsible for their vehicles and must ensure that the vehicles are clean and in good technical condition. The driver must come to work on time and in the form of DRB. Perform all other duties required by the head of the humanitarian demining department. The driver must ensure that the fuel level is always at least 1/2 of the tank and that the vehicle is equipped with a spare wheel. The driver keeps a log of radio communication checks and radio communications with the DRB radio room in the event of any incident. The driver must perform duties in accordance with the DRC Code of Conduct and properly represent the DRC.
- Comply with national traffic regulations.
- Good knowledge of the overall structure and operation of vehicles.
- Trouble-free driving of a car for at least 5 years.
- Ability to navigate well in road conditions.
- Computer literacy (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Written and oral Ukrainian and Russian. Knowledge of English is welcome.
- Category B, C.
- Secondary education.
Contract length: 3 months with possibility of extension based on satisfactory performance.
Start date: As soon as possible.
Only candidates who possess the right to work in Ukraine will be considered.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 18-03-2023
We reserve the right to conduct further interviews before the deadline for submission of applications.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: