Community Engagement Analyst (National Position) NPSA8
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Kyiv
- Grade: Junior level - NPSA-8, National Personnel Services Agreement
- Social Affairs
- Civil Society and Local governance
- Closing Date: Closed
The overall objective of this assignment is to ensure the proper implementation of Social Management Plan (SMP) and Stakeholder Engagement Plan (SEP) for the UERP/URP framework loans provided by the EIB. It is anticipated that the incumbent will contribute to expanding the EIB Programmes’ contribution to strengthening of social cohesion and inclusion in TA project target regions, and ensure community participation, transparency and accountability of the Programmes implementation by means of building stakeholder engagement and communication models, developing capacity of final beneficiaries, the civil society, the authorities and other key stakeholders to work together on social infrastructure recovery projects; and mitigating any adverse social impacts and risks related to the implementation of recovery projects.
This position is a national position on a Personal Service Agreement at NPSA 8 level. Under the direct supervision of the Field Manager of the TA project, the Community Engagement Analyst (non-key expert) will be responsible for providing technical support in fostering community engagement in implementation of UERP and URP sub-projects as well as other relevant activities within UERP and URP. The incumbent will perform the following functions;
- Project implementation
- Provide consultative support to the UERP/URP final beneficiaries and local stakeholders in the development and implementation of relevant SMPs and SEPs for specific sub-project/cluster of sub-projects;
- Support the establishment of partnerships between UERP/URP final beneficiaries and community-based stakeholders to ensure the effective implementation of the sub-projects,e.g. informal collaborative entities provisionally called “Sub-Project Working Implementing Group” in target communities;
- Capacity development
- Design and deliver capacity development inputs, training seminars and workshops to UERP/URP final beneficiaries and local stakeholders, including CSOs and NGOs, on social management and community engagement;
- Foster the engagement of the representatives of the local communities, including CSOs and NGOs, in the implementation of the UERP/URP infrastructure sub-projects;
- Support the local communities and CSOs in organizing stakeholders consultations and, based on their information needs, developing and implementing communication plans for the UERP/URP sub-projects;
- Carry out social and environmental monitoring of UERP/URP sub-projects in line with the EIB Environmental and Social Standards and according to the established procedures;
- Support the creation of third-party monitoring groups in target communities, aimed at organizing regular (quarterly) monitoring visits to cover selected UERP/URP sub-projects. Participants of the monitoring groups to include representatives of the project team and local community
Under the direct supervision of the Field Manager of the TA project, the Community Engagement Analyst (non-key expert) will be responsible for providing technical support in fostering community engagement in implementation of UERP and URP sub-projects as well as other relevant activities within UERP and URP. Specifically, s/he under the overall guidance from Stakeholders Engagement Specialist (key expert) will perform the tasks primarily aimed at implementation of the SMP and SEP for the UERP and URP sub-projects to ensure their compliance with the EIB Environmental and Social standards.
LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility:
LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination:
LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner:
LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion:
LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias,
CROSS-FUNCTIONAL & TECHNICAL
Business Direction & Strategy
Effective Decision Making
- Ability to take decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with one’s authority, area of expertise and resources.
Negotiation and Influence
- Ability to reach an understanding, persuade others, resolve points of difference, gain advantage in the outcome of dialogue, negotiates mutually acceptable solutions through compromise and creates win-win situations.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
- Ability to provide managers and key stakeholders with regular feedback on the consistency or discrepancy between planned and actual activities and programme performance and results
- Ability to engage with a wide range of public and private partners, build, sustain and/or strengthen working relations, trust and mutual understanding
Required Skills and Experience
- Masters degree (or equivalent) in International Development, Social Sciences, Project Management or another related field or
- Bachelor’s degree with additional two years of extensive progressively responsible relevant experience is accepted in lieu of Master’s degree
- A minimum of 2 years (with Bachelor’s degree) of progressively experience at national or international level in municipal and/or social infrastructure recovery projects or other development projects is required. Relevant experience with Master’s degree is desired
- Experience in capacity development and training in the areas of stakeholders/community engagement, community mobilization, environmental and social monitoring would be an advantage.
- Experience in civil society development and civic activism would be an advantage.
- Good experience in the usage of MS Office software package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Prior experience working with IFIs-funding projects would be an asset.
- Familiarity with social and environmental standards of international organisations/institutions, in particular EIB Environmental and Social standards, would be an advantage
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian (both spoken and written)
This is a national position. Only Ukranian nationals are eligible to apply.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: