Country Director, Philippines
- Organization: ACDI/VOCA
- Location: Davao
- Grade: Senior level - Senior
- Project and Programme Management
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-03-31
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Country Director, Philippines
We are currently seeking a Country Director for the Philippines portion of our USAID-funded Cooperative Development Program. The five-year Cooperative Development Program addresses three intermediate results, including 1) cooperative business performance improved; 2) improved cooperative enabling environments; and 3) development community’s support to cooperatives enhanced.
In consultation with the ACDI/VOCA Home Office, the CDP Philippines Country Director will provide leadership and oversight to all CDP Philippines programmatic and operations activities including, procurement, personnel, and financial activities directly linked to this award. This position will be based in Davao with remote work options as viable.
- Provides overall strategic leadership, implementation, and programmatic direction for CDP Philippines.
- Manages a team of technical experts and advisors to work with local cooperatives in Luzon and Mindanao.
- Develops annual and programmatic work plans, quality quarterly and annual reports, communications materials and other written deliverables.
- Monitors program indicators, evaluates program results, and guides program implementation to achieve maximum impact.
- Develops strategies to respond to changes affecting the program’s successful completion.
- Analyzes budgets, reviews and approves financial reports, and ensures all required regular and ad hoc reports are completed accurately and on time.
- Travels to site offices as needed to provide technical assistance and troubleshoot.
- Ensures transparency of bidding processes and beneficiary selection. Provides input on selection and implementation.
- Establishes work plans and annual performance goals for team members, ensuring timely and quality execution of group deliverables.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable donor, ACDI/VOCA, and government rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and schedules.
- Advises and contributes to collaborative learning across the CDP project countries.
- Master’s degree in agriculture, agribusiness, business management, agricultural economics, international development or other relevant field. Experience in agriculture development can substitute for degree field.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in agricultural, rural, and cooperative development required.
- Prior experience implementing USAID-funded project highly preferred.
- Proven leadership and program management skills.
- Knowledge of the sector macro development issues and ability to develop strategized policy recommendations required.
- Knowledge of PC-based word processing and spreadsheets required.
- Fluency in English and Tagalog required.
To apply, please email your CV to AVPhilippines@joinav.org. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.