Chief of Party for Colombia Climate Finance Activity
- Organization: Tetra Tech - Modern Cooking for Healthy Forests
- Location: Bogotá
- Grade: Senior level - Senior
- Operations and Administrations
- Banking and Finance
- Democratic Governance
- Meteorology, Geology and Geography
- Public Policy and Administration
- Climate Change
- Project and Programme Management
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: Closed
Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Chief of Party position on an anticipated USAID-funded program in Colombia.
The anticipated 5-year USAID-funded initiative titled Climate Finance Activity (CFA) seeks to leverage and mobilize public and private finance to support Colombia’s climate adaptation and mitigation targets in key sectors by both increasing the supply of climate finance by financial and government institutions and increasing the demand for finance by climate smart projects and businesses. The CFA will also strengthen Colombia’s enabling environment to encourage more climate smart investments that can advance its climate adaption and mitigation targets. The Activity has three overall objectives:
Objective 1: Financial institutions invest in climate smart projects and businesses.
Objective 2: There is a robust pipeline of viable climate smart projects and businesses.
Objective 3: There is an improved environment for climate smart investment.
The CFA will build upon USAID’s work in this sector by mobilizing finance to reduce GHG emissions, boost climate change resiliency, and reduce poverty and insecurity by creating jobs that are socially and environmentally sustainable. The activity will also channel climate finance into projects and businesses related to clean energy, climate adaptation, green transportation, and sustainable Agriculture, Forestry and Other Land Use (AFOLU).
The COP will be responsible for leading all technical, financial, and administrative aspects of the program and will coordinate closely with USAID in developing, implementing, and revising the Activity’s overall field strategy. The COP will be the principal link between USAID, Tetra Tech, and other partners, and will provide overall strategic and technical guidance to subcontractors. The COP will provide comprehensive expert technical oversight and guidance in all aspects of the program, including monitoring and evaluation and reporting to USAID. This would be a full-time position and be based in Colombia for the full life of project (anticipated five years).
* Provide leadership and technical expertise for the Activity, and supervise project staff/local teams;
* Develop strategic objectives and confirm project compliance with USAID regulations;
* Manage the Activity’s implementation, including overall responsibility for personnel and efficient budgeting and financial management
* Oversee technical activities of the Activity and ensure that impact is achieving the results defined in the contract;
* Evaluate and document Activity progress and lessons learned;
* Assume responsibility for overall USAID contract management ensuring quality control and timeliness of deliverables.
* Minimum of a master’s degree in a related field, e.g. business administration, finance, economics environmental studies, climate mitigation and/or adaptation, renewable energy, natural resources management, or some other relevant discipline is required.
* Minimum 10 years project experience, preferably in Colombia, working in one or more technical disciplines related to the CFA: climate mitigation/adaptation, green finance and/or investment mobilization for environmental activities, renewable energy development, environmental markets, private sector environmental investments, corporate sustainability, natural resources management, private sector engagement and capacity development, and/or other relevant technical areas.
* Minimum of 5 years in director-level role leading and managing complex development/donor-funded programs and multi-disciplinary teams in the Latin America Region, preferably as a Chief of Party for a USAID-funded project or equivalent.
* Proven track record managing multi-disciplinary development programs and teams, engaging effectively with stakeholders, fostering collaborative learning and adaptive management, and promoting gender equity and social inclusion.
* Professional proficiency in both spoken and written in English and Spanish.
* Strong familiarity with the policy, social, economic, environmental, and cultural context in Colombia.
* Colombian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: bit.ly/ColombiaCFACOP
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and submit only the requested documentation as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: