HR and Operations Specialist
- Organization: DAI - International Development Company
- Location: Mozambique
- Grade: Mid level - Mid level
- Operations and Administrations
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: Closed
POSITION: HR and Operations Specialist
BASE OF OPERATIONS: Nampula
POSITION REPORTS TO: Director of Finance and Administration
A five-year initiative to support the Government of the Republic of Mozambique’s efforts to decentralize governance and thereby improve delivery of public services at central, provincial, district, and/or municipal levels. LOGOS will engage with subnational government entities to strengthen their effectiveness, transparency, and accountability; and to improve service delivery in health, education, and WASH sectors in targeted geographic areas. LOGOS’ key objectives include:
- Strengthening economic governance of targeted Mozambican institutions;
- Building the service delivery capacity of targeted subnational governments; and
- Accelerating resilient, broad-based economic growth in targeted subnational territories.
- Objectives of the assignment
The HR Manager will oversee human resources and manage the Maputo office facilities for the LOGOs project. This includes recruiting and retaining staff during the life of the project.
2. Tasks & Responsibilities
- Oversee all human resources operations on the project, including recruitment, hiring, employee on‐boarding, staff orientation, performance reviews, and disciplinary action in compliance with USAID rules and regulations, DAI policies, and local labor laws.
- Facilitate recruitment and hiring process by advertising vacancies, shortlisting resumes, scheduling and observing interviews, collecting required documents, checking references, and verifying salary history.
- Coordinate and supervise the preparation of employment agreements for staff.
- Train supervisors charged with conducting evaluations of staff members in their units and monitor compliance with the process.
- Mitigate and resolve human resource conflicts and issues, seeking assistance and guidance from the Director of Administration and Operations or other senior staff members as needed.
- Develop and maintain the Human Resources Management section of the LOGOs Field Operations Manual, ensuring updates as needed.
- Maintain personnel files in hard copy and TAMIS for all long-term and short-term project staff.
- Work with Chief of Party to fill surge capacity technical needs, including identifying and hiring long‐term and short‐term technical experts in a timely fashion.
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in business or related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in human resources, recruitment, office administration, and other relevant areas, preferably with an international donor-funded organization.
- Knowledge of local laws and USAID rules and regulations related to personnel management and compliance is desired but not required.
- Previous supervisory experience for HR teams.
- Excellent writing, speaking, and reading skills in English and Portuguese.
Woman and persons of minority groups are encouraged to apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply via this link: https://fs23.formsite.com/OLJTgx/oxjesafatm/index
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: