Project Manager/Project Management Consultant
- Organization: SNV - Netherlands Development Organisation
- Location: Phnom Penh
- Grade: Consultancy - Consultant - Contractors Agreement
- Project and Programme Management
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: Closed
SNV is a mission-driven global development partner working in more than 20 countries across Africa and Asia. Building on 60 years of experience and grounded in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, we work on the core themes of gender equality and social inclusion, climate adaptation and mitigation, and strong institutions and effective governance. Together with our team of over 1,600 people, our mission is to strengthen capacities and catalyse partnerships that transform the agri-food, energy, and water systems, which enable sustainable and more equitable lives for all. For more information on SNV, visit our website: .
Context and purpose of the job
The Dutch Fund for Climate and Development (DFCD)
The Dutch Fund for Climate and Development (DFCD) is managed by a pioneering consortium of Climate Fund Managers (CFM), Worldwide Fund for Nature the Netherlands (WWF-NL) and SNV Netherlands Development Organisation, led by the Dutch Entrepreneurial Development Bank, FMO. DFCD provides finance and Technical Assistance (TA) to enable, mobilize and scale private sector funding for climate-smart development in two stages, origination, and investment.
The Origination Facility (OF) aims to identify climate investment opportunities and reduce their risks through matching grant and technical assistance (TA) support. Graduated Investments are eligible for the direct “Investment stage.”
The Project Management Consultant (PMC) sets ups and communicates all administrative, governance, accounting, and M&E procedures for the project, in accordance with SNV project management procedures, relevant structures, donor requirements and contracted commitments. Leads and motivates partners and external stakeholders, planning deliverables and activities. Takes responsibility for the technical content of the project and ensure quality of deliverables. The goal of the DFCD approved projects is delivering an investable project (i.e. Graduated Project) on budget and within the designated time frame by carrying out the specific responsibilities below.
While Cambodia has two projects in the Origination Facility, the PMC will further work on identifying additional business cases for origination, ensure coordination with DFCD implementing partners at country level, and liaise with appropriate government agencies and other climate initiatives in the country.
As appropriate, the PMC will promote the DFCD and SNV through communication of results, support Business Development activities, and contribute to Knowledge Development
The role of Project Management Consultant / Project Manager will be based in Phnom Penh and will require frequent travel to the provinces. Subject to discussions, SNV is open to exploring this position as a longer-term employment contract.
- Deliver on the approved project implementation plan;
- Support and monitor projects to reach milestones and deliverables through implementation and managing SNV TA support;
- Support project sponsors to comply with grant agreement stipulations, DFCD and SNV procedures and closely with sponsors to advise on potential roadblocks and developing solutions to pre-emptively keep projects on track; Advise on ESG risk mitigation;
- Carry out site visits and engage with stakeholders to build rapport and trust;
- Support business case graduation by building the investment case including Return on Invested Capital, ESG benchmarking, project investment impact, and communication of these metrics to the DFCD and stakeholders;
- Develop knowledge and communication products based on experiences in originating and graduating deals;
- Generate additional Origination Facility pipeline (for DFCD-II);
- Internal Project management including planning, administration, reporting, budget depletion, and manage the human resources under the assignment.
- MSc or equivalent in (agri) economics, finance, business administration;
- At least 5-7 years experience in inclusive investment and business with project management experience;
- Affinity with SNV’s mission and with the agri-food, water and forestry sectors Knowledge and understanding of climate adaptation in business cases;
- Strong team player, demonstrable networking skills, good ability to dialogue and advise companies and government;
- Fluence in written and spoken English and report writing skill;
- Solid computer skills in MS-applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Internet, etc.)
- Knowledge of SAP by Design and Sharepoint is an added advantage
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter, CV via Smart Recruiters through the provided link below. The deadline for submitting applications is by Wednesday, 15 March 2023
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: