Senior Protection Monitoring and Information Officer
- Organization: IRC - International Rescue Committee
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Communication and Public Information
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Protection Officer (Refugee)
- Closing Date:
Sr Protection Monitoring and Information officer
Key working relationships:
Position Reports to: PRoL Manager, Ukraine
Position directly supervises: Community Mobilizers
Internal collaborations within IRC: Sr Legal officers, case workers
External collaborations to IRC: Protection and information services actors, organizations and agencies
The Sr Protection Monitoring and Information officer oversees all IRC Protection Monitoring & analysis, and information provision activities in Dnipro oblast. The Senior Protection Monitoring Officer will be based at IRC’s office in Dnipro, under supervision of the Protection and Rule of Law Manager. The Senior Protection Monitoring Officer will serve as key person to implement protection monitoring along the displacement routes and provide evidence base to inform needs of affected population for program adjustment and advocacy.
Specifically, the Sr Protection monitoring will be responsible for:
1. Oversee all the Protection Monitoring and analysis activities
- Support the PRoL Manager and local partners to develop and implement Protection Monitoring and analysis frameworks including several data collection tools.
- Collect secondary data available on protection risks and issues in Ukraine (specifically Dnipro and the surrounding oblasts) to complete data analysis, and produce weekly / bi-weekly sit-rep on the context and secondary data collected, in order to support the protection monitoring activities and analysis of the context.
- Ensure support to community mobilizers in data collection, by collecting data him/herself when necessary
- Ensure that data collection for protection monitoring is complete and meet data quality requirement
- Work closely with the Protection Manager and the MEAL team to create . update data collection tools on CommCare and dashboards on Excel or PowerBi
- Support the PRoL Manager in data analysis and Protection Monitoring reports and other reporting mechanisms
2. Ensure constant update of the service map and referral tracker
- ensure continuous update of the service map in Dnipro oblast and surrounding oblasts
- ensure referrals are made in a safe way and according to the SOPs, and ensure referrals made are followed-up and that the referral tracker is updated.
- ensure provision of responsive information is complementary to the Rapid Protection Assessment and/or protection monitoring activities.
3. Oversee the Responsive Information Services activities
- Work closely with the Protection Manager and the MEAL team to create and update the two-way data collection tool on responsive information;
- Support community mobilizers in information provision, and in data collection about information needs through the two-way communication tool;
- continuously gather information content that is useful for displaced and war affected communities, based on feedback from the community mobilizers;
- create weekly and monthly reports on information needs and statistics collected by the community mobilizers
4. Assess needs in centers / shelters and hubs
- continuously look for information about collective centers, transit centers, shelters and volunteer hubs that host and/or provide assistance IDPs and war affected communities in Dnipro oblast, and update the tracker online.
- constantly look for contacts within authorities and key humanitarian stakeholders and update the contact trackers
- Make weekly movement plans for centers and shelters’ assessments, and protection monitoring activities, and share with the PRoL manager and fleet manager.
Program and team Management
- Supervise and build the capacities of the community mobilizers, ensure they understand their role and responsibilities, and implement the activities according to the overall program workplan and weekly movement plans
- Send weekly inputs on implementation of activities and targets achieved
- Create weekly movement plans for collective and transit centers / shelter / volunteer hub / authorities appointments visits, and share with PRoL manager.
- Supports PRoL Manager to develop program report related to donor requirement and program requirement.
- Monitor spending related to activities are on track and timely inform PRoL Management for budget adjustment need.
- Language: Bilingual in Ukrainian and Russian and excellent verbal and writing skills in English
Bachelor of Arts or Science in Social Work, Human Rights, Social Science, Public Health, Humanities or other related field, desirable
- Previous experience in protection monitoring / protection assessments / data collection
- Experience facilitating group activities, trainings and workshops and mentoring others
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for clients/beneficiaries
- Positive and professional attitude, including ability to lead and work well in a team setting
- High degree of flexibility and strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Word and Excel