MEAL and Grants Specialist
Tunis | Zarzis
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified MEAL and Grants Specialist to join our team in Tunisia coordination office.
About the job
Lead and coordinate the development and implementation of DRC Tunisia-Algeria Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning tools and processes to ensure optimal program delivery and accountability towards assisted populations.
Lead and coordinate the development process for future concept notes and proposal submissions and review all mandatory reports prior to submission to donors.
Ensure that Tunisia Algeria coordination office is compliant with DRC country and regional grant management guidelines, DRC’s operational requirements and donor rules and regulations.
This role will contribute to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country base operations while overseeing quality of activities. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Programme Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning:
- Responsible for the development of log frames and MEAL plans in pursuit of high impact and cost-effective program strategies and activities.
- Setup project Kick-off meetings, review meetings and close-out meetings in order to highlight cross-project components aimed at replicating good practices and strengthening synergies between projects or programs.
- Develop and maintain global log frame for all programmes and develop country level quality indicators in line with DRC’s global &E plan
- Manage joint cross-sectoral assessments, evaluations, baseline and end line studies etc.
- Develop and continuously update accountability strategy and lead on implementation of programme wide feedback and complaint mechanisms.
- Ensure that DRC’s team members are supporting all efforts towards accountability, specifically to beneficiaries and in line with international standards, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of DRC projects.
- Ensure the development of appropriate monitoring, tracking and reporting systems, tools and templates that enhance monitoring of program outputs and quality, generate quality evidence on program outcome and promote and ensure use of data for decision-making processes.
- Develop and improve systems that strengthen DRC’ ability to analyze, improve, and represent impact internally and externally and most of all to communities themselves.
- Design and manage evaluations in compliance with DRC evaluation policy, from development of ToRs, to advising management on approval of final report, to dissemination of evaluation.
- In close coordination with the Danish Arab Partnership Program Senior Technical Expert, lead and monitor DRC’s MEAL processes related to its ongoing Youth Inclusion and Employment Project (YIEP) and ensure local implementing partners are compliant with their MEAL obligations.
Grants management and compliance
- Ensure coordination office compliance with grants management system (GMS).
- Provide support on grants management to Head of Programme.
- Provide training on compliance with donors’ regulations and requirements to relevant colleagues.
- Provide support to coordination office and base office to ensure operational compliance of grants with guidelines and donor regulations in the areas of finance, logistics, procurement, and human resources.
- Lead or assist HoP in reviewing coordination office reports to donors.
- Lead or assist HoP in presentation on donor rules and regulations during grants meetings.
- Lead or assist in developing and/ or reviewing concept notes, proposals, and amendments for multi-country or regional interventions.
- Provide timely and high-quality advice to DRC programme managers and staff as required.
- Lead on MEAL capacity building of all DRC local implementing partners.
- Capacity build, train and support sectors and field staff to improve the field monitoring or any other MEAL needs.
- Regularly present key findings to the Senior Management Team for further development.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have at least 3 years of MEAL and grants management experience with an international NGO. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Proven experience in effectively working with a variety of donors’ requirements including EU and UN agencies.
- Proven ability to create and utilize qualitative and quantitative M&E methods and analyses in organizational planning.
- Proven experience in successfully applying for institutional donor funding.
- Master’s degree in international relations, project management, business administration, or similar studies relevant to the post
- Full professional proficiency in English
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 12 months.
Band: G non-management.
Start date: 01/05/2023.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 28/03/2023.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: