- Organization: UNECA - United Nations Economic Commission for Africa
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Grade: Consultancy - Consultant - Contractors Agreement
- Administrative support
- Transport and Distribution
- Closing Date: Closed
Result of Service
The key results have an impact on the execution of the UNECA shipping Unit services management in terms of quality and accuracy of work completed. Accurate data entry, presentation of information and client-oriented approach in provision of efficient and high quality shipping services. Decisions made are important in terms of meeting deadlines; ensure provision of efficient and accurate shipping services and projecting professional image of the officeWork Location
9 monthsDuties and Responsibilities
The Logistic Unit is an integral part of Supply Chain Management Section and is responsible for handling the duty free inbound and outbound shipment for official goods and international staff members PE/HHG and vehicle
The Individual Contractor will assist the shipping Unit team in carrying out several Shipping related activities.
Under the direct supervision of the Shipping Unit Supervisor and the overall direction of the Chief of Section, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
• Handled all inbound shipments of official goods and staff members PE/HHG and vehicle.
• Processing all outbound shipments of official goods and staff members PE/HHG and vehicle.
• Maintain duty free privileges according with host country agreement between Ethiopia and United Nations and Staff rules
• Clear and delivery conference equipment and press equipment during for various meeting at UNECA
• Advise and provide explanation on any query raised by international staff members on the duty free privileges for the importation
of HHG and vehicle.
• Solicit quotations for potential and recognize clearing Agent.
• Management of petty cash
• Assist international staff and local staff members on their PE/HHG at Government Office.
• Arrange note verbal and letter
• organizing and file all inbound and out bound official shipments and International Staff member,
• Drafts a variety of correspondence.
• Resolves issues/problems related to delivered goods, including discrepancies between purchase orders and items/quantities
shipped or received; prepares and signs Return to Vendor forms for unacceptable and/or damaged goods received.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor and Chief of the Section.
High School Diploma
At least five years of progressively responsible experience in Customs clearing process.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Excellent English writing ability is a must. Knowledge of French or another official United Nations language is an advantage.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: