Supply Chain Officer
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: krakow
- Grade: Junior level - Junior
- Supply Chain
- Closing Date: 2023-03-27
DRC Poland is looking to recruit a qualified, flexible, and enthusiastic professional for the position of Supply Chain Officer based in Krakow to support DRC field teams and implementing Partners in field locations in the areas of logistics, procurement, warehousing and vehicle fleet management.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a leading protection agency with a mandate to promote and protect durable solutions to conflict and displacement-affected populations based on humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC is implementing a multi-sector response to support Ukraine refugees, IDPs, and host populations both within Ukraine and the neighboring countries of Poland, Romania and Moldova, and wider Europe. Due to the ongoing conflict that began in February 2022, DRC opened offices in Poland, Moldova, and Romania to provide support to the displaced population in partnership with civil society organizations and national NGOs, duty bearers, and other actors. DRC continues to implement in these three countries through partnerships, technical assistance, and capacity exchange, and direct implementation in some cases.
About the Job
Reporting to the Base Manager based in Krakow, the Supply Chain Officer will be responsible for all procurement of goods and services, warehousing, transportation of good and people, vehicle fleet management, and general logistics support to the programme. They will also be responsible to ensure the smooth running of supply chain to meet the programme needs in the area of responsibility in line with the DRC Operations Handbook. The role will pertain to the area of intervention covering Krakow, Rzeszów, Przemyśl and Wrocław (and additional as required), with some visits to field locations.
Planning and strategy
- Support the Base Manager with opening the new base in Krakow and establishing field presence in Rzeszów and Przemyśl.
- Assist with the annual planning for supply chain of the base including procurement planning.
Logistics and procurement
- Ensuring all the procurement processes are in line with DRC Operations Handbook
- Effective and efficient support to programs’ needs.
- Develop and maintain relevant data base.
- Maintaining the assets list.
- Weekly and monthly status reports.
- Warehouse management, including reporting and alert mechanism to program staff.
- Assist in recruitment, training and capacity building of the logistics team.
- Coordination of programme staff to ensure logistics involvement in the whole programme cycle.
- Procurement of all goods and services.
- Establish and follow up annual procurement plans.
- Track all orders, purchases and deliveries.
- Ensure that all logistics specific donor rules and policies are understood and respected.
- Oversight of all purchase and service contract to ensure DRC's interests are protected.
- Vehicle fleet management.
- Optimize all logistics operations to increase cost effectiveness including setting up longer term supply contracts.
- Liaise with property agents/local authorities with regards to payment of administrative fees and procurement of required legal documentation.
- Ensure follow up on routine tasks are carried out (guesthouse contracts, supplies, visa applications, phone credit purchase, utilities bill payments, rental and lease agreements).
- Fixed asset management.
- Ensure DRC supplier due diligence is effective in the relevant context.
- Correctly apply ERP supply chain processes.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have a minimum of 2 years of proven experience in humanitarian logistics, procurement, transport and distribution, warehousing, and stock management. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- A University level degree in relevant subject or relevant technical qualification.
- Good understanding of the procurement rules and regulations of major international donors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to show initiative and work independently.
- Positive attitude and teamwork.
- Ability to multi-task and organizational skills.
- Fluency in Polish and advanced English skilss are a must.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values
Contract type: National Contract
Contract length: 31st December 2023, with the possibility of extension depending on the availability of funding.
Band: Non- Management, H
Base Salary Range: PLN 11,995 - PLN 15,320 gross per month, based on experience.
Duty base: Krakow
Start date: Asap
We offer a competitive salary and benefits in accordance with the Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Applicants must have the legal right to live and work in Poland at the time of the application. DRC does not sponsor visas.
Closing date for applications: March 27th, 2023
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we, therefore, encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo