Human Resources Associate- (FOR SUDANESE NATIONALS ONLY)
- Organization: UNWOMEN - United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women
- Location: Khartoum
- Grade: Consultancy - SB-3 (SC6/SC7), Service Contract, Local Contractors Agreement
- Human Resources
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2023-04-05
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager and the guidance of the country representative, the Human Resources (HR) Associate serves as a member of the operations team and executes the full range of HR services ensuring their transparency and integrity. The HR Associate promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach and promotes the maintenance of high staff morale.
In performing his/her tasks, the HR Associate ensures compliance with UN Women policies and regulations; accountability to organizational values and principles; and an enabling workplace environment in which staff potential are maximized. The HR Associate works in close collaboration with programme and project teams in the Country Offices as well as regional office and other UN agencies to successfully deliver operations services.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Lead the administration and implementation of HR strategies and policies in Sudan in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, and HR policies and guidelines
- Provide general, standard information to the management and staff on HR strategies, rules and regulations; provide advice on guidelines for temporary personnel;
- Identify ways in which the administrative needs can be met within existing policies; interpret processes and procedures, anticipate and manage operational requirements.
2. Lead the provision of HR administrative and logistical services to Sudan and region in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, and HR policies and guidelines
- Process, draft, edit, proofread and finalize a variety of correspondence and other communications; maintain files/records, monitor deadlines;
- Provide administrative coordination in administration of national benefits and entitlements;
- Input and track all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivities, recoveries, adjustments and separations through Atlas;
- Facilitate responses to audit findings and recommendations;
- Assume overall responsibility for leave management; record management;
- Process payment, and administer entitlements for international staff as approved; validate and coordinate local payroll and related issues;
- Oversee issuance on non-contract staff, including extensions and separations; verify staff contracts due to expire and on that basis initiates required extension or separation action;
- Facilitate staff separation process;
- Create/update entries of vendors, PO and Receipts in ATLAS system.
3. Facilitate and coordinate recruitment processes in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, and HR policies and guidelines
- Draft job descriptions and vacancy announcements; assist in reviewing and processing requests for classification;
- Screen candidates and facilitate and participate in interview panels;
- Prepare recruitment recommendations/supporting documentation for Central Review Board (CRB) including drafting selection process report as required;
- Coordinate position management, assure funds availability, prepare position establishment, liaise with headquarters and assure that action is completed;
- Provide regular recruitment status reports;
- Provide advice to local recruitment in programmes/ projects.
4. Coordinate staff performance management and learning and development in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, and HR policies and guidelines
- Monitor compliance with the performance appraisal review in the office and region and staff learning and development;
- Facilitate the preparation of Office learning plan and individual learning plans in consultation with the Senior Management and Operations Manager.
5. Maintain data in relation to HR in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, and HR policies and guidelines
- Maintain, further develop and update internal database and files on HR matters, and staffing tables in a confidential and secure manner;
- Generate a variety of standard and non-standard statistical and other reports from various databases;
- Update position data in Atlas, association of positions to chart fields (COAs), update of COA information and setting up vendors;
- Participate in local salary surveys as needed.
6. Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing globally
- Organize and conduct training courses, workshops, information sessions, orientations and consultations for staff;
- Provide a synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR administration;
- Liaise with HR headquarters in HR administration and staffing to disseminate information on a variety of HR matters.
Key Performance Indicators:
- All HR activities in the office are in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations and HR policies and guidelines.
- Timely provision of general HR operations services.
- Timely recruitment of staff on appropriate contract modalities.
- Timely coordination of performance appraisals and learning and development activities.
- All HR data are administered in confidential and secure manner.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Excellent knowledge of HR administration, processes and policies;
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to handle confidential information; maintain discretion;
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new systems;
- Excellent quantitative skills; ability to produce reports;
- Excellent IT skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary education is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business or Public Administration is an asset.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in office administration and/or human resource management;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and experience in handling of web based management system.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
Please note that applications without a completed and signed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.
UN Women Personal History form (P-11) can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/employment .
UNWOMEN is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.