Fund Raising Officer (Digital Analyst), NO-B (Fixed Term Appointment), New Delhi, India, South Asia Region (SAR), Post Number 122781 (Open for Indian Nationals only)
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: New Delhi
- Grade: Junior level - NO-B, National Professional Officer - Locally recruited position
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Public, Private Partnership
- Closing Date: 2023-04-04
Under the supervision of the Fundraising Specialist - Digital, the incumbent ensures that the data being used to inform key strategic decisions is accurate and clearly presented and helps communicate results to the team. The Fundraising Officer (Digital Analyst) uses data to assess the performance of all elements of the digital fundraising team and to suggest processes and approaches that can increase ROI and Lifetime Value for the digital donors. This includes finding ways to get more value from the platforms and tools that the team is using. The post will support set-up, implementation, A/B tests and provide best in class in-house analytics capabilities for UNICEF ICO, understanding digital journeys from first touch point to conversion, donor behaviors and profit drivers. Through a methodical and intelligent use of audience data, this post will support overall digital fundraising function by helping drive business decisions on which digital channels to invest in, digital fundraising products to develop, audience to reach and content or infrastructure updates to be implemented. Key areas where team will benefit from incumbent will be channel management, Lifetime Value Management for digital donors, branding, customer insights, Digital Campaigns ROI, pricing, Landing page funnels.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
Click here to learn more about what makes us proud working for UNICEF!
For every child, AN ADVOCATE
Under the supervision of the Fundraising Specialist - Digital, the incumbent ensures that the data being used to inform key strategic decisions is accurate and clearly presented and helps communicate results to the team.
The Fundraising Officer (Digital Analyst) uses data to assess the performance of all elements of the digital fundraising team and to suggest processes and approaches that can increase ROI and Lifetime Value for the digital donors. This includes finding ways to get more value from the platforms and tools that the team is using.
The post will support set-up, implementation, A/B tests and provide best in class in-house analytics capabilities for UNICEF ICO, understanding digital journeys from first touch point to conversion, donor behaviors and profit drivers.
How can you make a difference?
Through a methodical and intelligent use of audience data, this post will support overall digital fundraising function by helping drive business decisions on which digital channels to invest in, digital fundraising products to develop, audience to reach and content or infrastructure updates to be implemented.
Key areas where team will benefit from incumbent will be channel management, Lifetime Value Management for digital donors, branding, customer insights, Digital Campaigns ROI, pricing, Landing page funnels.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
Under the general guidance of the Fundraising Specialist (Digital), the post shall undertake the following:
1. Support in setting-up, launch and implement of UNICEF ICOs in-house digital analytics capabilities by building a strong analytics framework and providing data expertise:
- Provide visibility of revenue drivers by facilitating best practices learnings for analytics and conversions, delivering insights for campaign optimization
- Standardize campaign tagging and tracking and together with the team to facilitate proper metrics for evaluation
- Integrate 1st Party Data across our main digital platforms (Google Marketing Platform, Facebook marketing solutions, and other Data Services Platforms) to enable remarketing to existing donors and acquisition campaigns to identify new donors
- Assist in developing a digital dashboard (i.e. Google Data Studio) that will allow all levels of stakeholders to track integrated campaign data consistently
- Assist in creating a workplan for the continuous evolution of analytics within the team, in collaboration with the Fundraising Specialist (Digital)
- Assist in ad tech solutions
2. Support Fundraising Specialist (Digital) to identify and set best practices and standards in analytics, providing benchmarks and insights to optimize digital performance to achieve revenue goals:
- Provide correct set-up of Google Analytics, Dashboards and Google Tag Manager
- Analyze cross-device measurements and TV attribution measurements
- Resolution of technical incidents and validation reviews of previous implementations
- Facilitate in the evolution of tracking in cookie-less/restricted environments
3. Support the testing culture within ICO’s digital team and with the digital agency, together with the Fundraising Specialist (Digital):
- Set matrices for A/B or multivariate testing, depending on the nature of the test
- Set objectives, hypotheses, variables and metrics to determine winning tests
- Learn, iterate and build a robust testing framework, whether through social media ads, website landing pages or CRO
4. Provide data and knowledge management support by identifying and organizing data and learnings into actionable recommendations:
- Support the Fundraising Specialist (Digital) in creating reports on a periodic basis by providing accurate and up-to-date digital and donor/income data or trends
- Master digital metrics and KPIs and facilitate setting benchmarks for the measurement of digital campaigns (i.e. CTR, CPC, ROAS, Reach, Impressions, Conversion Rate, etc.)
- Master donor retention and value maximization KPIs for digital donors by understanding donor journeys, survival rates, fulfillment rates, long-term values and other retention metrics
5. Support the Fundraising Specialist (Digital) in the implementation of digital fundraising campaigns and various administrative tasks
- Facilitate the set-up and implementation of acquisition campaigns like direct to pledge and lead generation, and support the implementation of cross-cutting initiatives with corporate and key influencer teams
- Support the coordination of emergency fundraising campaign efforts from set-up, launch, optimization and monitoring
- Assist in administrative tasks related to contracts, purchase orders and invoicing of digital partners and other suppliers
- Optimize Search Engine Marketing campaigns for maximum conversion rates and achieve ROI goals through strategic bidding and targeting tactics.
6. Be updated with the latest industry analytics technology and trends and provide updates on market insights in Data and Analytics capabilities.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A first level university degree (Bachelor’s degree) in marketing, science, technology/engineering, digital media, or any related field.
- A minimum of two (2) years of professional experience is required.
- Experience in data analytics and measurement, whether in digital agencies or in the client side, is required.
- Experience in digital fundraising or private sector fundraising areas such as acquisition, conversion, retention, loyalty, and multi-channel campaign analysis is an advantage.
- Understanding and experience of Google Marketing Platform products, and Facebook advertising products required.
- Proven success in delivering data-based insights and recommendations that informed strategic business decisions is required.
- Knowledge of digital audience research, segmentation, and trends (qualitative and quantitative research methods) is required
- Experience in Salesforce and BI platforms is preferred.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: UNICEF Values
UNICEF competencies required for this post are...
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
- The position is based in New Delhi, India.
- This post is open for Indian Nationals only.
- The selected applicant will have an initial two (2) year fixed-term contract, with the possibility of extension, subject to satisfactory performance. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and advance to the next stage of the selection process, which involves various assessments. UNICEF only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited / recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/.
- UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Appointments may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
For more information about UNICEF India, please refer to the link below:- http://unicef.in/Wherewework