Supply Chain Officer (JPO, P2) - Swiss nationals
- Organization: WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Grade: Junior level - P-2, International Professional - Internationally recruited position
- Social Affairs
- Public Policy and Administration
- Supply Chain
- Closing Date: 2023-04-05
JOB AD DESCRIPTION
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking a Junior Professional Officer to fill the position of Supply Chain Officer with the WFP Country Office (CO) Supply Chain unit based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Ethiopia has made strides in reducing poverty and expanding social services, but food insecurity and under-nutrition remain a hindrance to economic growth, with an estimated 8 million people needing food assistance. The World Food Programme (WFP) is committed to supporting the government's efforts to address these issues through various programs, including the delivery of food assistance and capacity building.
To deliver its programs in Ethiopia, WFP relies on a strong and agile supply chain unit. The Ethiopia CO operates one of WFP's largest supply chain operations, moving over 400,000 metric tons of food per year to 3,000 distribution points and 26 refugee camps. The supply chain unit also plays a crucial role in delivering CBT in terms of monitoring the markets, engaging and contracting financial service providers and ensuring actual delivery and proper feedback mechanism for CBT activities.
Your responsibilities as Supply Chain Officer are (among others):
- Support the development of the country's supply chain strategy for food assistance, including analysis of markets, supply chains, and delivery mechanisms, as well as determining specific activities and budgetary requirements for supporting food assistance delivery.
- Participate in evaluation and contracting of retailers and financial service providers to sustainably and efficiently meet beneficiaries' needs.
- Maintain and manage a list of contracted retailers and financial service providers.
- Train staff, build relationships, set up monitoring and reporting, and analyze data to improve retail engagement and operations.
- Work with various stakeholders to set up and implement market development activities, establish performance indicators to measure success, and report regularly to relevant units and stakeholders.
- Provide coordination and supply chain staff capacity development, familiarize with corporate tools and templates, and engage with external stakeholders to establish preparedness actions for CBT operations in the WFP CO.
- Promote digitalization, use data analytics, and collaborate with other WFP units to produce analysis reports on market indicators.
Part of the Swiss JPO Programme, this position is sponsored by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation SDC of the FDFA.
Please find the full job description here:
MORE INFORMATIONDownload attachment
Working hours (%): 100%
Type of contract: Staff (Permanent and Fixed Term)
Duration: 2 to 3 - year assignment (1 year renewable fixed-term contracts)
Education level: Master's degree
Macro-area: Sub-Saharan Africa
Level of experience: Professional, 3 to 5 years
Area of work: Supply Chain Management
Type of organisation: Multilateral Organisations
For the Swiss JPO programme:
- Swiss nationality
- Not older than 32 years at the date of the first round of interviews
- Fluency in English and a second UN language
- Master's degree
- Strong interest in a longer-term career with the United Nation
For this position:
- Advanced university degree in Supply Chain Management, Public Administrations, Business Management or Social Sciences.
- Three years of relevant working experience in the field of Supply Chain management, either in the private sector or development/humanitarian sector (Counted at 100%, gained after completion of first university degree, Internship experience counted 100%, both paid and unpaid).
- Proficiency in Windows MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook).
- Behavioural competencies such as Action Management, Client Orientation, Cognitive Capacity, Innovation, Partnering and Teamwork.
- To perform the wide range of tasks and excel in this position, the ideal candidate would also possess:
- Exposure to the international arena either by direct work for an international institution/organization; or, if working for a national entity, by way of interacting with international stakeholders;
- Intermediate level of one, or more, of the following official languages: French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian and Portuguese;
- WFP's international professionals are required to serve in different locations around the world during the course of their career (including in hardship duty stations); willingness to be mobile would maximise opportunities for long-term retention into the Organization.
Please find more details in the full job description.