Programme Assistant (SC5), Self-Reliance, Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh
- Organization: WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Dhaka
- Grade: Administrative support - Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education
- Administrative support
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: Closed
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Job Title: Programme Assistant, Resilience (Self-Reliance)
Type of contract: Service Contract
Duration: 12 months
Duty Station: Cox’s Bazar
Number of position: 2
Date of Publication: 13 March 2023
Deadline of Application: 26 March 2023
This vacancy announcement is for Bangladeshi Nationals.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
For more on WFP and what we do, please go to http://www.wfp.org/videos/zero-hunger
WFP provides life-saving assistance to more than 850,000 Rohingya refugees and over 300,000 most vulnerable households in the local communities. WFP implements a range of programmes including integrated food and nutrition assistance, school feeding activities, emergency preparedness, and tailored \ livelihoods programme to support the most vulnerable population.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks. No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
All WFP Employees are expected to demonstrate the competencies and standards of behaviour aligned with our core values and defined in the WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK, namely:
- Leading by example with integrity,
- Driving results and delivering on commitments,
- Fostering inclusive and collaborative teamwork,
- Applying strategic thinking,
- Building and maintaining sustainable partnerships.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
At this level job holders are expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders have a level of expertise and knowledge to adapt and contribute to the development of systems and processes in order to continually improve the level of support provided. Job holders are expected to manage resources and coach and coordinate a team of support staff.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
For the past years, WFP has implemented various resilience-building activities in both camps and host communities, including Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), self-reliance and livelihoods. In addition, WFP has implemented a joint resilience-building project with the Government of Bangladesh since 2020. As second phase of the project called the Safety Net Systems for the poorest (SNSP) started from June 2022, WFP implements homestead gardening interventions in the refugee camp to address refugees’ needs of food, nutrition and self-reliance.
Under the Resilience - Self Reliance Programme in Cox’s Bazar sub-office, the incumbent will support the implementation of the homestead gardening intervention, and perform monitoring activities with other added responsibilities within a specific coverage area.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the supervision of Homestead Gardening Activity Manger, with overall guidance form the Head of Resilience, the Program Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Ensure programmatic activities are delivered timely to the desired quality in the field
- Assist with supporting training activities on Homestead Gardening at field level in the assigned catchment; both in terms of timely implementation, quality of activities, and compliance of activities.
- Ensure there is efficient distribution of cash and in-kind to the Programme participants
- Liaise with partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support Programme reviews and improved services
- Observe the delivery of modules and suggest improvements in facilitation techniques to the partners.
- Review Cooperating Partners monthly work-plan, monthly report, budget estimates and invoices.
- Work closely with SCOPE and Digital Solution Team and review CBT distribution, beneficiary list and MoDA attendance Tracking.
- Assist Cooperating Partners in the implementation of the plan of action, review achievements and constraints and provide feedback accordingly.
- Support the Self-Reliance team in the implementation and monitoring of other projects.
- Any other duty assigned by supervisor(s).
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Familiarity with Self-Reliance support, including cash transfer and women’s empowerment activities for the poorest.
- Familiarity with the special context of Cox’s Bazar.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Tuesday, 28 March 2023 (Midnight Bangladesh time)
Click ‘Apply’ link below to start the application process. Candidate are requested to create an account in WFP E-Recruitment system before applying.
Please also include your CV with a cover letter, highlighting your motivation and suitability for this vacancy, as part of an online application.
WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, pension, leave and medical insurance.
Please visit https://www.wfp.org/countries/bangladesh to learn more about WFP’s operations in Bangladesh.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: