- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: kismaayo
- Grade: All levels - NPP - National Project Personnel - Local Contractors Agreement
- Administrative support
- Transport and Distribution
- Closing Date: Closed
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO's values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The key mission of the FAO Representation in Somalia, which is led by FAO Representative (FAOR), is to assist and support the national government to develop policies, strategies and programme aimed at accelerating the Implementation and achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the area of FAO's global mandate and Strategic Objectives. More specifically, FAO's response aims to address national needs and priorities in achieving food security, reducing hunger and malnutrition, developing agricultural, fishery and forestry sectors, and ensuring the sustainable use of environmental and natural resources and respond to recurrent emergencies. The current portfolio of activities of the FAO Representation in Somalia includes a wide scope of technical support interventions ranging from policy support through livestock and crop production, to natural resource management, Nutrition, value chain, food security analysis and water and land information management. FAO is also implementing several emergency, resilience-building, and development interventions, with the support of its five field offices and close to 400 staff in partnership with the Federal and State line ministries.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative for Somalia, the direct supervision of Office Manager, Mogadishu, and the functional supervision of the Logistics Officer
The Driver is responsible for driving the Country Office Staff and to provides other transportation related and messenger services for the office. He / she ensures the safety, technical soundness and comfort of the vehicle(s) assigned.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Drive the country office staff and their official visitors on official trips.
• Meet staff and official visitors at the airport.
• Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, transportation / vehicle related expenditures, vehicle servicing, repairs, etc.
• Ensure day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle(s); checks oil, water, battery, tires, etc.; perform minor repairs and timely arrange for any other repairs necessary to keep the vehicle safe and technically sound at all times; maintain the vehicle(s) in clean conditions.
• Handle local and organizational formalities when involved in an accident; ensure that in this case all organizational and local / country rules, regulations and procedures are followed correctly.
• Collect and deliver mail, documents, pouches, and other communications / items from and to the country office.
• Ensure that the necessary steps required by the rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
• Comply in meeting with minimum UN security standards requirements by UNDSS (i.e., training on UN security needs. Long range radio communication, etc.) as per-requisite for employments procedures for UN staff
• Perform Office Clerical work.
• Perform other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Secondary School Education. Possession of valid driver’s license. Defensive driving certificate is an added advantage.
• Two years of work experience as a driver. Flawless, safe driving record.
• Working knowledge of English and Somalia Languages
• National of Somalia
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: