- Organization: UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: Dhaka
- Grade: Mid level - IICA-3, International Individual Contractors Agreement
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: 2023-03-30
The ICT Advisor will undertake an assessment of the existing ICT system of LGED, and prepare a roadmap for its further enhancement/improvement to optimise its ICT resources and to achieve institutional excellence in digitalization.
S/he will conduct a thorough assessment of the organisation's existing ICT infrastructure, including hardware, software, and network systems, to identify gaps and areas of improvement. The major areas of should cover the following (not limited to):
- Network Operation Center (NOC) and Local Area Network (LAN) of LGED Headquarter along with associated hardware;
- Hosting environment, capacities, and facilities of the web applications;
- Existing web and mobile applications, including Personnel Information Management System (PMIS), electronic Project Management System (ePMS), Field-work Inspection and Monitoring System (FIMS), Environmental Management Information System (EMIS), Disaster related Rural Infrastructure Damage Assessment System (DRIDAS), and GIS portal of LGED;
- Ongoing Rural Bridge Information Management System (RuBIMS) and Road & Structure Database Management System (RSDMS) along with GIS-based Development for Rural Road Master Plan;
- (Planned) Knowledge Management System (KMS).
S/he will analyse the organisation's business processes and identify opportunities for automation and digitalization to increase efficiency and productivity.
S/he will develop a comprehensive roadmap for ICT enhancement and improvement in the above-mentioned assessed areas, taking into consideration the organisation's business goals and objectives, budget constraints, available resources, and indicative timeframes. The roadmap will also include (not limited to):
- Recommendation for strengthening and further capacity enhancement of NOC, LAN and other ICT infrastructures along with budgetary requirements and implementation timeframe;
- Recommendations on the adoption of emerging ICT trends and technologies, such as cloud computing, artificial intelligence, and big data analytics, to improve the organisation's digital capabilities.
- Provide guidance on the procurement and implementation of new ICT systems, including software, hardware, and network infrastructure, to ensure compatibility with the organisation's existing systems.
- Implementation strategies to enhance the organisation's cybersecurity posture, including risk assessments, vulnerability scans, and security audits.
- Develop a disaster recovery plan for the LGED and contribute in identifying and applying appropriate framework towards the development of Business Continuity Plans;
- Recommendation for suitable and feasible options for the hosting of the web applications;
- Recommendation for further improvement of different software applications including scope of enhancement;
- Advise LGED on compliance with international standards on information management and architecture, technology standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Based on identified needs for upgrading, support LGED in developing TORs for services in the various priority areas (ICT Hardware, Software, etc);
- Prepare operational needs for implementing the overall roadmap.
- Advanced University Degree in telecommunications, computer science, electronic engineering or other relevant background is required.
- A first level university degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and 2 years of additional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
b. Work Experience
- At least 7 years of work experience in the area of information and communication technology and systems in an international fast tracked environment is required.
- Relevant work experience in delivery of business intelligence and analysis, business process re-engineering, data governance and designing of large scale web applications is required.
- Advanced knowledge of ICT Infrastructure, LAN/WAN, Cloud Computing, Data and Voice Communication would be a strong preference;
- Knowledge and experience with ICT service delivery framework such as ITIL and Information Security Framework/methodologies such as COBIT would be a strong plus;
- Experience with providing advisory and capacity building for public institution would be a strong asset;
- Proven experience in the formulation of advanced technical advice to non-technical stakeholders is required;
● Fluency in English is required.