Junior Data Analyst
- Organization: UNEP - United Nations Environment Programme
- Location: Brasília
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: Closed
Result of Service
This consultancy will result in enhanced and consistent databases, financial and programmatic templates and procedures for the Climate Mitigation Unit LAC team.Work Location
PART TIME 12 monthsDuties and Responsibilities
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority. It sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. This consultancy is in UNEP's Industry and Economy Division, Energy and Climate Branch, Climate Change Mitigation Unit.
UNEP's Industry and Economy Division, Climate Mitigation Unit, is a GEF Agency for Global Environment Facility (GEF) medium-size and full-size climate change mitigation projects. The projects, which are in different stages of development (concept, design, implementation, closure), are executed by different partners (Ministries, NGOs, etc.). The Division, in its role as implementing agency, provides oversight and ensures adherence to GEF guidelines for these projects.
The Climate Mitigation Unit LAC team is undertaking efforts to standardize internal processes, tools and databases used for the tracking of its portfolio. For this purpose, UNEP seeks a consultant for the development of templates and data management tools for the supervision and tracking of individual projects that can be aggregated at the portfolio level and integrated into existing databases and tools.
Under the supervision of the Task Manager, GEF Climate Change Mitigation Unit, LAC Region, the consultant will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
• Develop standard templates (workplans, budgets, supervision plans) that can accommodate for the multiple project structures found in the Climate Mitigation Unit GEF medium and full-size portfolio
• Fill-in the agreed templates so that they are individualized for each project under implementation
• Identify, propose improvements and document the information follow into the templates, and the processed information that would result from them
• Adjust the templates developed upon receiving feedback from the LAC team
• Propose a process for the deployment of the templates for internal and external use, and a process for subsequent revisions.
• Document the inventory of templates, the data connections between them, the relevant information flows, roles and responsibilities of each member (technical / administrative) of the LAC team.
• Complete sections of the process manual, including description of roles and responsibilities for its completion and update (e.g. after a project revision). The manual should focus on the preparation of the empty templates and their architecture, as well as in the process of filling the blank templates with project specific data.
• Calculate greenhouse gas emission reduction estimations for GEF-8 projects;
• Develop inputs for team retreats;
• Refine the team’s key performance indicators and track these on a minimum quarterly basis against agreed targets;
• Develop proposals and implement improvements to LAC finance team analysis and approval of executing agency financial reporting.
• Automate the updating of the finance overview files (EA, MSP, FSP)
• Review data input and data mining procedures for the finance and program dashboards to reduce duplication and increase on timeliness, accuracy and efficiency.
• Advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Environmental Management, Environmental Policy, Computer Sciences, Management or in a related field is required.
• A first level degree with an additional two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
• Experience in VBA, SQL, Power BI, and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) (minimum one and a half years) is required.
• Experience in working with Latin American countries or international organizations in the preparation of data management and assessment tools is required.
• Familiarity with the policies and guidelines of the GEF and UNEP is desirable.
• Experience in the development and structuring of project and portfolio monitoring tools, workplans, budgets, and reporting trackers for projects from multilateral agencies, such as the Green Climate Fund, the Global Environment Facility, or the Adaptation Fund, is desirable.
• English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this consultancy, fluency in oral and written English is required.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: