Superintendent (Construction Management and Coordination) (SCE-PPM-2023-32-LD)
- Organization: CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
- Location: Geneva
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Public Health and Health Service
- Architecture, Building and Property Management
- Infrastructure and Urban-Rural development
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date:
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
Are you experienced in the organization and supervision of civil engineering and building works? Then, make your contribution to exciting and dynamic construction projects on the CERN sites in Switzerland and France within the most unique particle physics laboratory in the world: CERN. Take part!
As Superintendent, you will be responsible for the organization and supervision of civil engineering and building works.
- Take an active part in the design activities and procurement procedures for new projects in close collaboration with the project manager;
- Supervise the execution of the work and ensure, in liaison with the appropriate external consultants (architects, design offices) that all new civil-engineering and building construction complies with the contractual drawings and documents;
- Organize the worksite according to the construction schedule;
- Monitoring the progress of work and controlling quality and budget;
- Make sure all safety measures are put in place on the worksites.
Higher technical diploma or equivalent relevant experience in the field of construction management, civil engineering or architecture or a related field.
The experience required for this post is:
- Demonstrated professional experience as a Superintendent/Construction manager of civil engineering and building projects with a budget in excess of 5 MCHF.
- Proven experience on projects requiring coordination of various work packages.
The following will be considered as an asset:
- Experience working with international and multi-cultural teams.
- Experience in the industrial and/or scientific environments.
- Knowledge of building construction, consolidation and renovation
- Organisation, planning and control
- Quality management
- Project management
- Managing Self: taking initiative beyond regular tasks and making things happen
- Achieving Results: having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind
- Communicating Effectively: utilising effective negotiation techniques to achieve long-term results acceptable to all parties involved
- Working in Teams: working well in groups and readily fitting into a team; participating fully and taking an active role in team activities
Spoken and written French: ability to understand and speak English in routine situations.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 17.04.2023.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Work in Radiation Areas.
- Interventions in underground installations.
- A valid driving licence is required.
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.
Job grade: 3-4
Job reference: SCE-PPM-2023-32-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Civil Engineering Technician