Project Management Office (PMO) Specialist
- Organization: UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: Islamabad
- Grade: Mid level - LICA-10, Local Individual Contractors Agreement
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: Closed
Job categories Project Management, Programme Management
Vacancy code VA/2023/B5507/25658
Department/office AR, SAMCO, Pakistan
Duty station Islamabad, Pakistan
Contract type Local ICA Specialist
Contract level LICA Specialist-10
Duration Open Ended( subject to satisfactory performance, continued relevance of the role to the project and funding availability.)
Application period 17-Mar-2023 to 02-Apr-2023
Applications to vacancies must be received before midnight Copenhagen time (CET) on the closing date of the announcement.
1. Design of new projects and programmatic strategies
- Act as programmatic focal point for design of new projects including coordinating programmatic inputs for narratives, budgets and required assessments;
- Support development of programmatic inputs in country office strategy and other wider organizational strategies from a programmatic perspective;
- Support partnerships in representation of UNOPS in programmatic discussions for new engagements;
- Provide the Head of Support Services with necessary project analysis reports and information to support areas relevant to the project management team (i.e. Locally Managed Direct Costs projections etc.);
- Coordinate with relevant retainers for inputs in the design of projects
2. Support stakeholder engagement and representation for programmes
- Support partnerships to develop stakeholder profiles and the formulation of stakeholder engagement strategies;.
- Represent UNOPS in relevant programme platforms;
- Coordinate reporting on non project specific programmatic matters of the mission including but not limited to the PMT.
- Set up necessary systems to enable UNOPS to respond at speed in the event of a natural or other disaster
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to establish standby agreements ahead of any disaster situation;
- Manage any standby stock and rosters;
- Contribute programmatic sections and actions into the BCP.
- Act as project manager before the joining of the project management team;
- Facilitate the development of high-level programme/project plans, including the collation of lower-level plans into programme/project-level milestones;
- Develop, track and maintain dependencies;
- Enable the formulation of programme and project communications plans at the time of project inception with support from partnerships;.
- Support recruitment, launch of procurement and other actions to ensure timely start up of the project activities;
- Ensure necessary approvals and agreements with authorities and partners are in place, in coordination with the partnership team.
- Act as project manager or project focal point for specific projects including small, emergency and legacy projects;
- In conjunction with the PMO team, provide appropriate levels of programmatic management and administrative support regarding all ongoing project activities, while maintaining and implementing appropriate standards and best practices in line with UNOPS policies and procedures;
- Complete all of the necessary oversight of the project planning, execution and closure;
- Prepare reports for these specific projects;
- Recruit and manage any additional team members required to implement these projects;
- Identify and anticipates in a timely manner, potential risks and issues specific to delivery forecasts, and advises mitigating measures to the CM and Head of Programme;
- Perform routine maintenance and implementation of effective monitoring and evaluation systems of programme and project activities, in line with logical frameworks.
- For project closure purposes, act as (or nominates and supervises) a focal point between the Multi Country/Country Office and donors throughout the process.
- Oversee and coordinate all project closure activities, ensuring appropriate disposal of project assets, timely and effective final (operational) reporting, initiation of financial disbursements as appropriate during Defects Liability Periods, updating of information on the UNOPS Management Workspace (MWS), and effective handover of closed projects to UNOPS HQ for financial closure processes.
- Work with internal audit and finance to ensure the programme complies with audit requirements.
- Work with procurement/purchasing staff to ensure effective interface with suppliers' quality systems for closure
- Ensure compliance with UNOPS defined standards for programme/project management.
- Coordinate quality reviews of programme/project documents and deliverables for submission
- Provide quality control for management products (project documents, reports, etc.).
- Ensure implementation, and where required develop, systems for project management and monitoring at the CO level
- Maintain any required feedback mechanisms including but not limited to PSEA (see below)
- Support CM in regularly reviewing project status, evaluating performance criteria (scope, cost, schedule and quality).
- Maintain diaries and progress reports as required by UNOPS standard procedures.
- Provide routine oversight and analysis of delivery data within the dashboard system, using UNOPS ERP system as required.
- Coordinate and oversee the implementation of requests or initiatives relevant to project management from the Regional Office, IPAS, and HQ Teams, as required
- Act as a focal point for the Multi Country/Country Office maturity enhancement initiatives, using the P3M3 as a baseline.
- Ensure routine and effective capacity building activities are conducted in order to build the long-term and sustainable capacity of staff for project management;
- Participate in, and advocate PMs' participation in, relevant Communities of Practice;
- Actively interact with PMs and the wider PM community to share case studies, lessons learned and best practices in the Knowledge System;
- Provide feedback to Practice Leads on policy and supporting guidance working to achieve continuous improvement of UNOPS policies;
- Contribute to the oversight of lessons learned procedures, ensuring that lessons learnt are shared in a timely and appropriate manner.
- A Master’s Degree in Project Management, Engineering or related field
- A combination of Bachelor’s degree with an additional 2 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the education requirements outlined above.
- PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification is highly desirable.
- MSP certification (Foundation and/or Practitioner) is an advantage;
- Civil engineering qualification or equivalent desirable.
- A minimum of least 5 years of relevant and progressive professional experience, specifically in the field of Project Management with experience of successful implementation and/or oversight of programmes and projects.
- Previous experience of working within a PMO environment is an advantage.
- Strong experience with data analysis, management reporting and project management tools and information management systems.
- Full working knowledge of English is essential;
- Fluency in one or more additional official UN languages is an advantage;
- Fluency in Urdu is preferred.
This vacancy is now closed.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you:
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: