Demand Planning Officer
- Organization: WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Rome
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Operations and Administrations
- Supply Chain
- Closing Date: 2023-04-08
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This job is found in Headquarters (HQ), reports to the Chief of Strategic Financing Unit. The strategic financing unit (CPPF) is responsible for the corporate financing mechanisms, with the objective to rapidly provide an optimal and comprehensive strategic financial solution to country offices such as Global Commodity Management Facility (GCMF), Internal Project Lending, Immediate Response account etc., enabling timely assistance to beneficiaries and mitigating the risks associated with volatility of demand, funding, and supply.
Perform working capital planning activities related to GCMF and Advance Financing mechanisms through analysis and reporting. Support the development of new and effective practices related to working capital management. Act as a focal point and support with the design and implementation of the enhanced business model. Perform thorough data analysis, consult with stakeholders, prepare communication material and update policy and guidelines.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
• Contribute to the development of working capital strategy customized to each region based on demand/ supply/ resource behaviors and logistics network.
• Produce monthly recommendation on GCMF working capital planning and develop new and effective reports to meet varying requirements and enable informed decision-making, ensuring consistency of information presented to senior management and external stakeholders, using the SAP Integrated Business Planning inventory optimization tool.
• Perform inventory analysis and recommend improvement actions to address imbalances in the supply and demand position.
• Monitor and communicate to supply line managers any risk of excess or expiry inventory.
• Develop appropriate KPIs, reports and analysis for inventory management and advance financing to help drive appropriate actions from key partners (partnership, budget and programming, supply chain, logistics, shipping, etc.) (e.g. data quality, inventory health, financial health etc).
• Contribute towards the development, improvement and digitalization of systems, techniques, tools, processes, reports and procedures to better monitor and manage advance financing mechanisms. (IPL, IRA, GCMF).
• Compile and/or contribute to the required resource analyses and delivering recommendations.
• Develop communication material and reports to inform senior leadership, donors, partners, and customers on key results.
• Act as focal point to perform and validate data analysis, support with the design of the enhanced model of strategic financing mechanisms, identify pros and cons of various options.
• Responsible to update documentations such as policy, circular, directive, decision memos, guidance in line with the new business model.
• Develop communication and training material to inform key stakeholders of the new model, governance, and processes.
• Develop a risk management framework for the enhanced model. Identify risks and mitigating actions of the enhanced model. Categories each risk according to WFP risk matrix and develop mitigating actions plan and assign ownership.
• Perform project management activities such as: monitor project progress, raise any delays or bottlenecks, risks or issues with the review and prepare communication material to update senior management on the project progress.
• Develop the capacity of WFP staff in operational planning, and performance reporting, updating, and delivering training using available materials, manuals and guidelines.
• Prepare normative guidance to further institutionalize working capital planning at WFP with industry standard reference.
• Other as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Cross-functional knowledge of operations, a problem-solving mindset, information analysis skills, presentation and reporting skills.
• Experience working for UN agencies or NGOs in the field across humanitarian and/or development contexts.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to foster relationships and influence decision-makers.
• Ability to work with multicultural teams of different backgrounds and expertise, to deliver as one toward common operational goals.
• Advanced use of MS Excel, Business Objects (BO), Salesforce, DOTs and reporting skills. Proficient in SAP Integrated Business Planning (IBP) or Advance Planning Optimser (APO) tools is desired.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Advanced university degree in Economics, Development Studies, Statistics, Business or other relevant fields, or Bachelor’s Degree with additional years of experience.
• At least 6 years or more of postgraduate professional experience in resource management analysis, resource mobilization, working capital planning and forecasting.
• Experience in working across multiple cross-functions, including budget, partnerships, supply chain to address identified resource management issues and gaps and influence senior management to make the required decisions.
• Experience in leading forecasting reviews, utilizing planning tools such as APO, IBP and design and deploying working capital management processes and systems.
Language: International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline for applications: 31 March 2023 Midnight Rome Time
Reference: VA no. 644125
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.