News monitoring and social media listening
- Organization: UN - United Nations
- Location: Lima
- Grade: Consultancy - Consultant - Contractors Agreement
- Communication and Public Information
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Sales and Marketing
- Marketing (Digital, Advertisement, Brand, Promotion)
- Closing Date: Closed
Result of Service
Media and social media monitoring newsletters and reports.Work Location
6 monthsDuties and Responsibilities
Under the immediate supervision of the National Information Officer at the United Nations Information
Centre (UNIC) in Lima, Peru, the candidate is required to support with the Monitoring of UN-related news
by performing the following responsibilities:
- Discuss and determine the monitoring system, and plan to perform duties according to requirements set
- Monitor the news in prioritized subnational, national and international media for pieces that mention
the United Nations.
- Monitor the news for pieces on main thematic areas of the United Nations Sustainable Development
Cooperation Framework Peru 2022-2026 and prioritized national campaigns.
- Monitor the news for pieces on prioritized social and political issues.
- Monitor the news in national media for pieces that may be of interest for United Nations agencies, funds
and programmes and staff.
- Prepare a daily (Monday to Friday) bulletin with news, including headline, summary and link to the news.
- Research and gather data and information that can improve UN positioning and communications.
- Draft social listening and media insights reports on prioritized issues.
- Update UNIC-Lima directories.
- Monitor social media environments (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) and report any mention of or
reaction to United Nations’ work in Peru as needed.
- Monitor social media environments and inform of any stakeholder, public institution or public figure
statement that may be of interest for United Nations.
- Support writing a wide array of internal and external information and communications materials, such
as reports, briefs, speeches, presentations, articles, press releases, histories, among others.
- Support other relevant information and communications activities as required.
Candidates should have a degree in communications or journalism or be enrolled in a relevant university
programme. It is also required that candidates have strong analytical and writing skills. Finally, an excellent
command on social media listening and monitoring tools is highly valueConduct media monitoring, social listening and information activities
Conduct media monitoring, social listening and information activities
Spanish (main language, preferably mother tongue) / English (advanced).
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: