CCCM SPECIALIST - HARGEISA
- Organization: ACTED - Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development
- Location: Hargeysa
- Grade: Mid level - Mid level
- Architecture, Building and Property Management
- Urban Development, planning and design
- Human Settlements (Shelter, Housing, Land, Property)
- Closing Date: Closed
Position: CCCM Specialist
Department: Project Implementation Unit
Location: Hargeisa, Somaliland
Contract Duration: Until 31st December 2023
Direct Hierarchy: Project Manager
Starting date: May 2023
Background on ACTED
Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters, or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced, and committed team player to fill the CCCM Specialist position in HARGEISA, Somaliland.
The CCCM Specialist closely works with the Project Manager in ensuring the timely and effective running and delivery of all Camp Management activities in the ACTED-managed sites. S/he co-leads the development of longer term workplans and vision for the team and the camp. The CCCM Specialist directly line manages the site maintenance and community mobilization units, while fostering collaboration amongst all CCCM units to ensure needs-based, timely and effective delivery of activities.
The CCCM Specialist contributes to defining and delivering quality outputs. To this end, s/he is responsible for staff supervision and HR follow-up, organizing and prioritizing day-to-day activities, assisting with internal and external reporting, preparing logistics requests, ensuring information collection, co-facilitating meetings, and co-leading discussions with CCCM Cluster, local authorities, and service providers.
The CCCM Specialist should be able to perform his/her functions with minimal supervision from the Project Manager and ability to problem solve, prioritize key updates, challenges, and urgent issues as they arise.
Project planning and implementation
- In collaboration with the PM and CCCM PC, prepare a long-term work plan in consultation with all CCCM units, taking into account community needs, the longer-term vision of the sites and project/donor requirements;
- Ensure/co-lead regular staff coordination meetings and follow-up on the timely implementation of the workplan;
- Supervise the CCCM units in their day-to-day activities and support them to achieve their targets;
- Contribute to service provision in line with minimum standards and through close collaboration with service providers, camp residents and the camp administration
Ensure service delivery in line with minimum standards
- Ensure effective CwC schemes are in place, including the development of an inclusive governance structure;
- Supervise service monitoring exercises and addressing of gaps through the CCCM units, referrals, advocacy and follow-up with service providers;
- Supervise the identification and implementation of site maintenance activities, ensuring inclusive access to services;
- Support the performing of site assessments, service and stakeholder mappings and contribute to maintaining updated contact lists;
- Strengthen coordination mechanisms on site with various stakeholders;
- Hold coordination meetings for the site and team meetings as required;
- Undertake communication and liaison activities to actively consult and involve beneficiaries, key informants, actors, partners and stakeholders in all stages of project design and implementation;
- Cultivate good relations with key humanitarian actors – local and international through regular attendance and facilitation of meetings;
- Maintain excellent relationships with local authorities, IDP community members and host community in order to ensure smooth communication, activity implementation, and community outreach;
- Ensure that at all times contact with beneficiaries is conducted in a sensitive and respectful manner;
- Identify opportunities to collaborate and coordinate efforts with other organizations to ensure complementarity of activities and gap filling;
- Support with trouble-shooting and conflict resolution with third parties.
- Assess the CCCM activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources and quality implementation.
- Provide technical guidance and supervision to CCCM units, regularly monitor implementation and flag urgent issues as they arise;
- Document lessons learned and best practices and contribute to strengthening institutional memory.
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges in coordination with the CM;
- Contribute to external reporting as required.
Administration and Operational Management of CCCM Activities Implementation
a) Support the PM with budget follow-up and forecasts, in particular regarding the CCCM units;
b) lead the review and submission of FLATs documents for CCCM units.
- Support the PM with procurement planning and follow-up, leading all procurement follow up for the ComMob and SM units, including the preparation of procurement plans, OFs, TCs, etc. up until the signature of the completion certificate;
- Ensure a proper management and use of the project assets and stocks;
- Lead CCCM team movements based on available fleet and applicable policies;
Compliance and filing
- Keep record of all CCCM documents on the server and as hard copy as needed.
Security and contingency planning
- Ensure that each team member is aware of security issues, policies, SOPs and they follow them accordingly;
- Contribute to drafting and updating camp contingency plans;
- Lead the drafting and submission of SIRs.
- Ensure timely recruitment of staff and daily labour in anticipation of needs and avoidance of gaps;
- Follow up on staff management, including development of ToRs, leave planning, performance appraisals and the identification of recruitment needs;
- Strengthening of team capacity through trainings and/or the identification/flagging of training needs, the development of improvement plans and highlighting of performance gaps to the PM;
- Ensure that staff understand and are able to perform their roles and responsibilities.
Qualifications/Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree in project Management and specialization in relevant field.
- At least 3 years working experience with an NGO / humanitarian agency (local or international);
- Demonstrate knowledge on key humanitarian principles and Project Management Cycle;
- At least 2 years experience in managing teams with proven interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Flexibility/ability to work on emergency activities;
- Experience in at least three of the following areas: conducting assessments/ data collection (Kobo), Service Monitoring, supervising volunteers, implementing small infrastructure projects, training, communicating with Communities, Organizing and taking minutes of meetings, Establishment of Community Governance Mechanisms.
- University degree (i.e. Bachelor level);
- Proficiency in English and local language (Speaking, Reading and Writing);
- Proficient in using MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Certificate/Training in Camp coordination/management.
- Experience in training and capacity building staff and external stakeholders.
Qualified Nationals persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to email@example.com and received on or before 5.00PM on 2nd April 2023. The application should bear the subject line “CCCM SPECIALIST HARGEISA” Please Apply for ONLY ONE POSITION
Do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants, and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: