Demining Deputy Team Leader
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Kharkiv
- Grade: Junior level - Junior
- Mine Action and Weapon Contamination
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: Closed
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world.
DRC Ukraine is looking for a highly qualified, efficient and result-oriented employee for the position of Demining Deputy Team Leader in Kharkiv region in order to expand humanitarian mine action in Ukraine.
- Timely arrive at work in the uniform of the GDS DRC.
- Ensure (before leaving the control point) the proper operability of its equipment for cleaning work.
- Make sure you put on the appropriate PPE before leaving the control point.
- Leave mobile phones, all metal and jewelry before starting daily work.
- Perform work in compliance with safety measures and in accordance with the procedures of the SOP DRC GDS.
- Must notify the HS in case of detection of a suspicious GNP by raising his hand and shouting "STOP!".
- Provide daily maintenance of your equipment before leaving the control point.
- Be directly responsible and be accountable for the equipment issued at all times. Immediately notify the HS of any malfunction or damage to the equipment.
- Participate in trainings in accordance with the instructions of the NVR/TR/ICC and the quality management department.
- Perform other tasks that are dictated by changes in circumstances or requirements of the Civil Society.
- The STS should undergo training for the HS and replace it in the event that there is a need for additional supervision at the site (the STS will help the TOS to supervise operations). Also, in the absence of a HS, the STS will perform the duties of the HS and report to the NVR on that day.
Required experience and competencies
- Minimum 1 year of humanitarian demining or similar positions
- Basic PC skills (MSWord, Excel)
- Fluency in Ukrainian and Russian, English at the elementary level.
- Education: basic (incomplete) higher education or the level of a junior specialist.
- Duration of the contract: 12 months, subject to passing 3 months of probationary period and available project financing.
- Level I2.
- Start date: As soon as possible
- )nly candidates who possess the right to work in Ukraine will be considered.
- Salaries and conditions will be in line with the Conditions of Employment of the Danish Refugee Council's national staff.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 30 March 2023
We reserve the right to conduct further interviews before the deadline for submission of applications.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: