Private Sector Fundraising Philanthropy Officer NOA Temporary Assignment (TA) 12 months Post # 124211
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Bogotá
- Grade: Junior level - NO-A, National Professional Officer - Locally recruited position
- Sustainable trade and development
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Public, Private Partnership
- Impact investing, Social venture capital
- Grant writing
- Closing Date: Closed
Join our team and make a difference in the lives of children and adolescents in Colombia! UNICEF Colombia is seeking a talented and passionate Fundraising and Philanthropy Officer to help us generate resources and partnerships to achieve our ambitious goals for 2021-2024. At UNICEF Colombia, we believe that every child and adolescent has the right to grow up healthy, educated, and protected. Our work focuses on promoting equitable access to social services, improving learning outcomes, and preventing all forms of violence against children and adolescents. As our Fundraising and Philanthropy Officer, you will play a critical role in supporting our mission by developing and implementing fundraising strategies, building relationships with donors and partners, and ensuring compliance with ethical standards and regulations. You will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and diverse team of professionals committed to making a positive impact on society.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child,
At UNICEF COLOMBIA we work to generate positive changes in the lives of children and adolescents. Our current work plan runs from 2021 to the end of 2024 and aims to ensure that children and adolescents enjoy their rights through equitable access to social services, improve their learning and live protected from all types of violence.
We work throughout Colombia, with special focus on the departments where children have fewer opportunities: Chocó, Cauca, Nariño, Antioquia, Córdoba, Amazonas, Putumayo, La Guajira, Caquetá, Atlántico, Arauca and Norte de Santander.
For more information visit the following link:
Purpose of the Position
The Philanthropy Officer will support the implementation and development of the philanthropy strategy for the Colombia Country office, which will support UNICEF´s mission and contribute to UNICEF´s local, regional, and global funding needs.
Under the leadership of the Corporate Fundraising Officer (NOB) in Colombia, the postholder will carry out the following tasks:
- Support the implementation of the philanthropy strategy and work-plan in Colombia to achieve established goals and KPIs.
- Identify and lead the relationship development with strategic opportunities / prospects focusing on top Family and Independent Foundations that could be interested on supporting and work cooperatively with UNICEF in the development of programs in Colombia. Also identify and nurture the pipeline of Membership Based Organizations (MBOs) or Faith Based Organizations (FBOs) with the potential to support UNICEF programs in Colombia.
- Identify and lead the relationship with prospects focusing on Major Individual Donors and Philanthropist with the potential to make gifs of at least US$100,000 and with the potential to grow their contributions to the US$1M+ level.
- Develop and mobilize new strategic funding opportunities and offerings with the philanthropic sector with a focus on foundations, major individual donors and philanthropist, and MBOs/FBOs.
- Plan and implement high level meetings, conferences and any kind of events that contribute to the engagement and development of alliances with High Value donors and Foundations.
- Renew, nurture and ensure accountability any on-going philanthropic partnerships. Promote cross-functional coordination and collaboration with Corporate and Individuals Fundraising teams, Child Rights and Business, Marketing Services, Communications and Programme staff.
- Investigate and lead the market research to identify prospects and key influencers, identify their interests and connect those to UNICEF Colombia CO mission and programs.
- Develop and qualify a prospect list and map connections/opportunities for collaboration with existing philanthropic prospects / partners.
- Map and position UNICEF in key local events that could contribute to the development of the philanthropy strategy in UNICEF Colombia and organize prospecting/cultivation philanthropy events locally. Support engagement of prospects for UNICEF Colombia in regional and global initiatives
- Comply with the Due Diligence process and recommendations for engagement with prospects and partners.
- Cultivate and mobilize new strategic funding opportunities with the philanthropic sector:
- Accountability for effective engagement of designated priority foundations, contributing to realization of Colombia CO´s income targets.
- Develop and action cultivation plans for partners and prospects participation in UNICEF-led and external events.
- Coordinate and liaise with partner UNICEF NatComs on join opportunities with prospects who can be interested on supporting UNICEF Colombia CO programs.
- Develop and review of funding proposals, concept notes, fundraising brief, and other products as relevant; Maintain donor proposal tracking sheet and follow up on pledged funding.
- Provide regular summaries of urgent funding needs for both the humanitarian and development programmes consolidated for the office across all programme sections.
- Support the development of MoUs/ contractual process with the partner.
- Develop the communication plans related to partnerships and coordinate internally with Marketing Services and Communications the adequate implementation of those, considering the organization´s guidelines.
- Lead and support relationship management activities for philanthropy partnership and others as required ensuring quality and timely reporting.
- Map and position UNICEF in local events that could contribute to the development of the philanthropy strategy in UNICEF Colombia. Also responsible for organizing and prospecting/cultivation philanthropy events locally. Support engagement of prospects for UNICEF Colombia in regional and global initiatives.
- Facilitate the organization of UNICEF participation in foundation/philanthropy networks, and help to organize thematic roundtables and convening events, with a view to adding UNICEF’s voice, expertise and thematic content to the global dialogue on issues affecting children.
A university degree in one of the following fields is required: Business and Administration, Marketing, International Relations, Public Administration, Communications or another relevant technical field.
- Desirable to have post-graduate studies on finance, marketing, innovation or other related fields.
A minimum of one (1) year of relevant professional work experience in sales and/or marketing positions specially in B2B relationships, Key Account management and/or relationship building with High Value Individuals. Experience in philanthropic fundraising, family offices, private banking, or others related is preferred
- Good level of English is required. Knowledge of another UN language is an asset
SJD Philanthropy Officer NOA TA.pdf
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values are Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability & Sustainability
The Core competencies required for the post are:·
- Builds and maintains partnerships (L1)
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (L1)
- Drive for results with impact (L1)
- Innovates and embraces change (L1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (L1)
- Thinks and acts strategically (L1)
- Working collaboratively with others (L1)
View our competency framework at:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection proces
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: