Finance Assistant (Kyiv)
- Organization: IRC - International Rescue Committee
- Location: Kyiv
- Grade: Administrative support - Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Banking and Finance
- Closing Date:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Months of escalating Russian hostility towards Ukraine have culminated in a concerted invasion of the country and the launch of military attacks across multiple cities in Ukraine, with a view to destabilize the country and provoke a change in government. Fleeing insecurity, Ukrainians are travelling west, with Poland establishing 8 reception centers along its border with Ukraine, for an estimated 1 million arrivals.
Between February 7-23, 2022, an IRC team undertook a scoping mission covering Poland and Ukraine to better understand the context, humanitarian and civil society landscape, and anticipated service gaps in the event of an escalation of conflict in Ukraine and consequent displacement into neighboring Poland. As of February 24th, the IRC has pivoted to an emergency response, and have identified partner agencies in Poland and Ukraine to facilitate immediate assistance that can be used where it is the most needed. Simultaneously, IRC/partners will launch a rapid needs assessment to better understand the humanitarian needs in both Poland and Ukraine and how IRC can complement partner response services either in breadth or scale
As this is a fluid and rapidly changing context, the location of this position and length of assignment may change based on the needs of the program.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Finance Assistant reports to the Finance Officer / Manager. She/he supports the Finance Officer in managing all aspects of day-to-day operations of accounting department in the Field office, He/she will assist in the implementation of Finance policies, procedures and systems and Ensure compliance with IRC procedures and guidelines.
- Assist with making payments to suppliers, contractors and program staff based on approved documents and in line with authority delineation.
- Ensure scrutiny of the entire bill for accuracy and receipt of goods before process for payment.
- Be responsible for documentation, preparation of cash voucherі for all cash transactions related to the station office.
- Ensure all transactions follow IRC accounting policy, Donor restriction and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Maintain confidentiality of all financial and other job-related information.
- Ensure proper documentation and filing of all financial documents.
- Prepare and process day to day financial transactions and implement internal control procedures in keeping with IRC policies and procedures.
- Assist in the collection of financial needs for the office each week
- Submits payments for bank for processing.
- Act always in accordance with local law and standards of accounting practice.
- Review budget with the aim of gaining a clear understanding of budget guidelines and instructions
- Review funding allocations to enable proper guidance to programs and proper coding.
- Provide training to program staff on finance issues.
- Produce monthly and quarterly reports to be reviewed by your supervisor
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor
Diploma in Accounts or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from recognized College/Institutions.
A minimum of two (2) years of accounting experience. Computer literate with significant knowledge/experience in excel
- Able to work in a high-pressure situation,
- Ability to independently organize work, prioritize task and manage time.
- Strong inter-personal skills, able to coach and support others
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible and punctual
- Languages Requirements: Fluency in Ukrainian and English.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.