Practitioner â Panchayat & Governance
- Organization: Transforming Rural India Foundation
- Location: Lucknow
- Grade: Administrative support - FG I, Function Group 1, Contract Agent
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- International Relations
- Democratic Governance
- Public Policy and Administration
- Closing Date: Closed
Job Position : Practitioner – Panchayat & Governance
Reports to : Associate Director
Location : Lucknow, UP
Appointment : Immediate Joining
Duration : 3 years (subject to renewal based on performance)
Since its inception in 2016, Transforming Rural India Foundation (TRI) has been deeply focused on an integrated approach to village development to accelerate mobility across all generations. We believe in bringing solutions through multi-sector changes through engaging community-based institutes like Self Help Groups (SHGs), Panchayati Raj Institutes (PRIs) and Front-Line Workers (FLWs) together to closely work with the government.
TRI works directly with more than one million people in 2000 villages across India’s poorest states and impacts close to over 60 million rural Indians through its formal engagement with governments at different levels.
In collaboration with Ministry of Panchayati Raj, GoI; State PMU being set-up in different states in order to accelerate the work agreed under the TRIF-MoPR partnership. The State Support Unit for is being set-up as a Technical unit to the State PRD office for accelerating the Institutional capacity and Delivery services of Gram Panchayats though support in modeling of GPDP planning, intensification of 9 thematic LSDGs goals and collaborate with other CSO partners while working under direct supervision of Director PRD of respective State. One of the critical area of work is to support the Training and Capacity building (T&CB) systems through SIRD and other regional training institutions and integrate various digital tools for robust monitoring of various programs. Capacity building of PRIs and preparing of yearly calendar would be one of the agenda of support through this unit. PMU further engage in replication and up-scaling of best practices of TRIF Action Pilots and other areas of the country.
Focus is on institutional development and delivery capacity of Gram Panchayats (GPs) including its organizational capacities, planning processes and effective convergence of government programmes, together with mobilization of community collectives like Self Help Groups (SHGs) and Village Organizations set up under Livelihood Mission Program.
For more information you may visit https://www.trif.in
Primary Role of the position:
The selected candidate will be embedded with Department of Panchayati Raj, Government of Uttar Pradesh
- Support block team in planning and roll out of an effective Community Institutions Strengthening strategy for its members around expansion of social mobilization, financial inclusion and livelihood development.
- Coordinate with SIRD and regional training institutions to provide handholding support in training & CB in quality GPDP preparation. Further, engage with Young Fellow (YF) and demonstrate the model GPDP in order to scaling-up of best practices.
- Innovate and ideate development of digital platforms to support the learning and training mechanism of respective stakeholders like line department, YFs, PRI members etc.
- Support TRIF’s direct intervention blocks (action pilots) through regular field visits, training and handholding for block team around new opportunities for GPs and support them by demonstrating quality planning and monitoring processes
- Develop structured mechanism for monitoring implementation of approved GPDPs and incorporation of budget in annual plans.
- Support the State PR department in Progress tracking of GPDP plans and regular updation to district/block level officials’ through monthly report cards.
- Develop strategy for PRI strengthening and saturation of key Social Protection schemes
- Facilitate Gram Panchayat (GPs) in identification of available resources apart from the routine state/central budgets and utilize them according to local priorities.
- Develop strategy for roll—out of training and capacity building drive around Panchayati Raj strengthening including development of modules etc.
- Efforts to initiate the State level interdepartmental meeting and review of departmental convergence in realization of demands come into GPDP plans.
- Ensure ‘Process documentation’ of the pilot initiative and Prepare ‘Case studies’ on best practices emerged
- Closely monitor the performance of district against plan/GP action plan through reports and visit/consultation at district/block/village level.
- Provide policy inputs in existing guidelines through Government Orders to improve accessibility, effectiveness and impact of various schemes implemented by DoRD-GoUP, particularly MGNREGS
- Maintain a data base of the district and concerning blocks, GPs and create knowledge bank for quick decision making.
- Excellent command on Hindi and English
- Any other task which falls within the scope and purpose of the assignment
Qualification / Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in professional fields such as in Agriculture, Rural Development, Forest Management, or any other closely related field.
- At least 5-6 years’ experience working with government programs around decentralized governance.
- Experience in developing IT based modules and implementation of Training and capacity building programs for Elected Representatives and functionaries of PRIs.
- Excellent command around decentralized planning process such as Gram Panchayat Development Plan (GPDP), e-gram Swaraj portal etc.
- Knowledge of central/state sponsored schemes, rights and entitlement focused towards creation of individual assets, social security and poverty alleviation;
- Fair understanding of planning and implementation of works taken up under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS);
- Experience of working with Govt-entities, reputed NGOs, Bilateral/Multilateral organizations is desirable;
- Language: Sound knowledge of written and spoken Hindi and English;
- Willingness to stay and travel in rural areas of UP
To apply, kindly click on the link https://www.trif.in/careers/ . The deadline for submission of application is 11 May 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for further process.
Transforming Rural India Foundation (TRI) is an equal opportunity organization. Women candidates that had taken life cycle break are encouraged to apply.
Compensation shall commensurate with experience.
TRI expects the highest standards of professional practice in all its work and contact with people; and recognizes that `safeguarding’ is an organizational and an individual responsibility. It recognizes its responsibility and commitment to promote and ensure security, safety and wellbeing of people in its offices/work - spaces/locations and different work contexts.
Job offer made will be subject to a self-disclosure, satisfactory clearance and satisfactory verification of qualifications and work history.
Thank you for your valuable time and showing your interest in our organization!
This vacancy is now closed.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you:
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: