Products Manager - Carbon and Biodiversity (m-f-d)
FSC works to take care of our forests and those who rely on them: by protecting plant and animal species, Indigenous Peoples’ rights, forest workers’ safety, and much more. We achieve this through FSC certification, ensuring forests around the world are responsibly managed. For more information on FSC, visit our website at www.fsc.org.
To effectively meet the challenge of protecting the world’s forests, we are committed to ensuring we have the world’s most skilled people working with us. This commitment extends to everyone that works in FSC around the world: from those that lead the design of policies and standards, to those that roll out those same policies and standards on the ground, and to those that provide us with backbone to do our work.
We are looking for an engaged Products Manager - Carbon and Biodiversity, who brings solid expertise and a passion for FSC’s mission, to work with us in a multinational environment.
To support the endorsement and the use of FSC as a nature-based solution in carbon and biodiversity markets in the context of the FSC Ecosystem Services Procedure. To develop based on market intelligence carbon and biodiversity market opportunities by targeting key players and collaborating with them to implement effective action plans.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Drive and manage global Climate & Biodiversity product development activities to serve needs in priority markets globally and regionally.
- Serve as international/global focal point for the FSC network on carbon and/or biodiversity (C&B) project development based on FSC forest management certification, FSC Ecosystem Services Procedure, and selected external C&B standards.
- Guide, co-develop, and occasionally lead regional or national C&B project development through all project development cycles including transactions of units and pricing.
- Advise on project level pricing models, contracting regimes, and transactions for a range of C&B units.
- Identify regional or national level opportunities and demand side dynamics in priority voluntary and compliance C&B markets.
- Coordinate the development of specific marketing and communication materials for C&B products and priority markets in collaboration with the responsible FSC departments.
- Coordinate key C&B market account relations across other FSC programs globally and represent FSC at C&B market related events.
- Any other task as assigned by formal supervisor and project work as assigned according to special organizational needs.
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- Education and Training:
- University degree, or equivalent in a relevant field (e.g., Business Administration, Economics, Environmental Science, Agriculture and Forest Science, Natural Resource Management, Engineering, Sustainability).
- Working Experience, Style and Skills:
- At least 5 years of professional experience in one or more of the following: carbon or biodiversity project development, carbon finance/ payment for ecosystem services.
- Proven track record in integrating a project into existing payment and funding mechanisms.
- Experience in leading cross-functional and international project teams, managing complex projects, and working with international organisations. Experience in forest-based industries would be an advantage.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills including experience in data analysis for market intelligence.
- Collaborative working style and team building skills.
- Good time management skills: ability to perform well while handling simultaneously a number of functions.
- Strategic thinking and a solution- and service-oriented attitude to work.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Language and Communication Skills:
- Fluency in English (spoken and written), with additional fluency in French or Spanish as a plus.
- Computer Skills – good skills in the use of/experience with:
- Experience with standard software packages (MS Office).
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Bonn, Germany.
- Working Hours: Full time - 40 hours per week. Part time of 80% or more could be considered.
- Duration of Employment: Temporary contract - 2 years (extension possible, subject to satisfactory performance).
- Starting Date: As soon as possible.
- Travel: Sporadic travel could be required.
How to Apply
- Please apply via our website by submitting your CV in English.
- Please do not send any photos of yourself.
- The deadline for applications is 03 September 2023.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positon is filled.
We will confirm receipt of your application. However, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be further contacted and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process. Should you not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your spam filter and if you cannot find it there contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For FSC, inclusiveness and diversity are important values. As such, we welcome and encourage applications from all backgrounds and are entirely committed to consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age and disability.
Please be informed, that by applying for this position you automatically accept our Data Protection Information on processing your personal data.
We are looking forward to your application!
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: