Block Coordinator, Literacy field
- Organization: Room to Read
- Location: Jharkhand
- Grade: Mid level - Mid level
- Education, Learning and Training
- Translations and Languages
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-06-16
Position: Block Coordinator, Literacy field
Location: Hazaribagh, Jharkhand
No Of Positions: Sixteen (16)
Contract Duration: One (01) year contract with scope of extension.
Room to Read is a global organization transforming the lives of millions of children in low-income communities by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education. Founded in 2000 on the belief that World Change Starts with Educated Children®, our innovative model focuses on deep, systemic transformation within schools during two time periods that are most critical in a child’s schooling: early primary school for literacy acquisition and secondary school for girls’ education. We work in collaboration with local communities, partner organizations, and governments to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children and ensure girls can complete secondary school with the skills necessary to negotiate key life decisions.
By focusing on the quality of education provided within the communities and ensuring these outcomes are measured, we have created a model that can be replicated, localized, and sustained by governments. With its global headquarters in San Francisco, Room to Read till date has benefited 32 million children across 21 low-income countries.
Room to Read India was established in 2003 and presently has programs in twelve states – Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi NCR, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Telangana, Uttarakhand, and Uttar Pradesh.
The field coordinator (s) will work closely with the Program Associate in engaging with the respective schools in their field(s) in District, Jharkhand as part of the Foundational Literacy initiative in Jharkhand. S/he will support the Program Associate in the execution of the Foundational literacy program at field level and coordination with various stakeholders (Field level government and non-profit partners) to sustain the impact and interventions from the program. The position will report to the Program Associate.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Field coordinator (s) will serve as a technical resource for literacy program at the field level and support PEEOs in delivering the various program activities, innovations and will have the following specific key roles and responsibilities:
- Develop a thorough understanding of Room to Read’s Literacy program design
- Interact with key stakeholders (government departments and officials such as PEEOs, CBEO etc.) on a day-to-day basis to ensure delivery on program objectives.
- Work closely with teachers, PEEOs and CBEO to implement literacy program and innovations as part of Project.
- Identify operational bottlenecks and weaknesses, wherever applicable and suggest solutions to PA.
- Organise and lead monthly meetings of the PEEOs.
- Ensure proper implementation of community engagement plans.
- Participate actively in events, campaigns, meetings and trainings through the virtual and offline mode.
Technical Support/Monitoring and Data Collection:
- Assist to PA in planning and delivery of monthly review meetings, including documentation and data provision for the same.
- Play the key role as a resource person with respect to teacher training.
- Regular school visits (stand-alone and jointly with PEEOs/Field officials) for technical support to teachers /PEEOs, data collection.
- Track and report performance on key indicators on a timely basis as per the M&E framework.
Communication & Documentation:
- Documentation and communication of program achievements/outcomes through reports and notes.
- Preparing and managing documentation related to program implementation e.g., approvals, letters, etc.
- Support to preparing regular (monthly, quarterly and yearly basis, including program data) qualitative reports and documenting case studies and best practices
- Documentation of on-ground learnings and knowledge received from the ground to support coalition partners internal capacity / knowledge building.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or equivalent is required.
- Work experience of minimum 1-3 years in development sector
- Experience with on-ground program implementation mandatory
- Knowledge of Foundational Literacy concepts.
- Experiences working with government in education sector and teachers training is required.
- Fluency in Hindi (spoken, written, and reading) is required and basic communication in English is preferred.
- Desired skills include written and oral communication skills, ability to adapt to emerging situations, interpersonal skills and networking skills, ability to work on tight deadlines.
Room to Read offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. Benefits include thirteenth month bonus, health insurance and a retirement plan. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunitytobepartofaninnovative,meaningful,andrapidlygrowingorganizationthatischanging transforming the lives of millions of children in developing countries on literacy and gender equality ineducation.
Room to Read is a child-safe organization; all personnel are expected to adhere to Room to Read’s Child Protection Policy and Child Protection Code of Conduct.
Kindly CLICK HERE to apply for this position.
Due to the high volume of applicant response, not all applicants may receive a response from Room to Read. Regret the inconvenience. Room to Read is an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. We always encourage women to apply.