Quality Improvement Specialist
Quality Improvement Specialist
- Job ID
- International Positions
- Employment Status
Jhpiego seeks a Quality Improvement (QI) Specialist for Nigeria on The Global Fund funded, “Quality Improvement and Leadership and Management Strengthening through Technical Assistance”. The project aims to provide support to Global Fund programs in Nigeria to implement an innovative approach for integrated supportive supervision (ISS) that includes collaborative improvement, training, a web-enabled supervision checklist, and supervision of supervisors to improve health worker performance and quality of care for integrated HIV/TB/Malaria/primary health care services for underserved population, as well as strengthen leadership and management skills among Ministry of Health staff for QI and improved integrated service delivery in health facilities and communities.
The QI specialist will support quality improvement and leadership and management activities in Jigawa state and will work closely with the QI advisor to implement project activities, in coordination with the Ministry of Health and other government agencies.
Monthly Gross Salary Range: NGN638,000 - NGN 721,000
- Provide technical assistance for quality improvement and leadership and management activities in Jigawa to achieve rapid and sustained goals, objectives and targets
- In collaboration with the QI Advisor support QI capacity-building activities (training and ongoing mentoring) for facility health workers and LGA and state coordinators using virtual and in-person methods as appropriate
- Support use of QI and L&M training curricula and tools as part of QI capacity-building activities and ongoing support of QI teams and MOH
- Provide onsite support and mentoring to project sites in the selected project region for quality improvement activities related to HIV/TB/Malaria/primary health care services
- Support coordination and administration of virtual and/or in-person activities
- Moderate and manage communication via selected virtual platforms
- Contribute to preparation of program reports, communications and presentations.
- Work closely with the QI Advisor to develop and maintain strong working relationships with MOHs, State GoN agencies, LGA and health facility stakeholders and involve them in this process
- With the QI Advisor, represent Jhpiego and the project’s progress, achievements and lessons learned to ministry of health officials, key stakeholders, and through meetings and presentations
- Monitor project activities in Jigawa to ensure that they are on track and communicate regularly with the project management team about progress.
- Support the coordination of planned activities with relevant MoH department and other stakeholders, leadership and staff and ensure support and collaboration
- Provide technical assistance in the areas of quality improvement, leadership and management.
- Support work plan development and reporting processes in close collaboration with the project team.
- Write and review project materials related to Jigawa
- Collect data, review and ensure quality as related to QI activities and submit them to the central monitoring and evaluation advisor
- Health professional (e.g. Doctor, Nurse, Midwife) with at least 4-5-years’ experience leading and implementing public health programs.
- Previous experience in quality improvement, capacity development, stakeholder engagement and program management.
- Previous experience working in HIV, TB and Malaria
- Strong familiarity with health system and HTM service delivery context in Jigawa and Nigeria
- Ability to interact with established networks of senior level international health professionals, ministry of health officials and other partners
- Comfortable with a team approach to programming and the ability to manage several major activities simultaneously
- Proficiency in word processing, Microsoft Office
- Willingness to travel within Nigeria and especially Jigawa
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Please apply at www.jhpiego.org/careers
Applicants must submit a single document for upload to include: cover letter, resume, and references.
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Jhpiego, a Johns Hopkins University affiliate, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, other legally protected characteristics or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Jhpiego promotes Affirmative Action for minorities, women, individuals who are disabled, and veterans.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: