Information Communication Technology Officer (Technical Support Services), NO-B, UNICEF Global Shared Services Centre, Budapest, Hungary (Only for Hungarian nationals)
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Budapest
- Grade: Junior level - NO-B, National Professional Officer - Locally recruited position
- Operations and Administrations
- Human Resources
- Administrative support
- Communication and Public Information
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Children's rights (health and protection)
- Closing Date: Closed
The Information Communication Technology Officer (Technical Support Services) will work in the Technical Support Unit within the Customer Support Services team in the Business Innovation and Support (BIS) Section, primarily as a Subject Matter Expert providing IT technical support and guidance for resolution of Tier 2 and as needed, Tier 3 issues raised through customer care enquiries.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a calling.
We are committed, passionate, and proud of what we do. Promoting the rights of every child is not a job, it’s a calling.
For more information about GSSC please visit our Global Shared Services Centre (GSSC) and Video
How can you make a difference?
The Information Communication Technology Officer (Technical Support Services) will work in the Technical Support Unit within the Customer Support Services team in the Business Innovation and Support (BIS) Section, primarily as a Subject Matter Expert providing IT technical support and guidance for resolution of Tier 2 and as needed, Tier 3 issues raised through customer care enquiries. The incumbent will provide effective and efficient support to UNICEF staff at all levels of the organization on the technical aspects of ERP and business applications and systems, as well as all related policies and procedures. The incumbent will meet technical support needs and provide recommendations for changes to optimize systems and improve customer satisfaction with GSSC’s services.
Summary of Key functions/accountabilities:
Service Delivery on Technical and Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Resolve IT technical issues raised by UNICEF staff, liaise and follow up with other BIS and ICTD staff to identify solutions to complex IT and technical problems.
- Oversee and control of the Customer Care (CC) queue and monitor the timely resolution of incidents and tasks.
- For major problems, create parent tickets and coordinate the implementation of emergency remedies in case of unexpected outage of core business systems and communicate any updates to the CC team and other stakeholders
- Strength the Technical/IAM processes and system knowledge of the Customer Care team.
- Prioritize and manage support tickets or incidents according to defined service level agreements (SLAs) and ensure timely action that meets resolution targets.
Monitor Quality Assurance and Knowledge Management
- Ensure quality of resolutions Act as the knowledge focal point for the Customer Care (CC) technical team and provide training to CC agents on technical subjects.
- Identity gaps in technical policies and procedures and work with the team to ensure that these are documented and updated.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a comprehensive knowledge base, including troubleshooting guides, FAQs, and best practices ensuring that support cases, solutions provided, and customer interactions are accurately reflected.
- Build the capacity by communicating technical information and solutions effectively to non-technical UNICEF staff at all levels.
- Ensure Customer Care staff are availed of necessary training resources and provide regular guidance/coaching as required.
Provide support to various projects and Innovation
- Ensure the standardized application of ICTD and related technical guidelines, established business processes and procedures by all team members.
- Identify trends, recurring issues, or areas for process improvement and proactively suggest and implement enhancements to optimize support processes and customer satisfaction.
- Participate in and support the implementation of updates for the Global Telephone Directory, ICT Office Profiles, DocuSign, ECM, EMS, HOPE and similar initiatives.
- Collaborate on the implementation of new initiatives such as RPA globally.
- Assist the Technical Team lead and act as a secondary responsible person for user administration and roles management actions.
- As needed, prepare and maintain work schedules of unit members to ensure business coverage taking into account leave schedules.
- Prepare contingency plans for coverage and staff changes.
- Prepare performance reviews and conducts evaluation discussions.
- Conduct regular meetings to update team on business issues.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A first university degree (Bachelor’s Degree) in computer science, information systems, or other relevant disciplines, with specialized training or work experience in the fields broadly applicable to the job is required. Master’s degree in a relevant field is an asset.
- A minimum of two (2) years of relevant professional experience in information communication technology or related areas at the international, national level or in the private sector.
- Practical work experience in planning and supporting business and technical environment within IT operational service and support
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision in a collaborative team environment, excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is an asset.
As an advocate for every child, you will receive
- UNICEF offers an attractive remuneration package including a tax-free annual net base salary starting HUF 1,215,980 per month. Please check SalCalcLocal (undp.org) for simulation.
- Holidays and leave, including 30 days of annual leaves per year
- Parental leave
- Dependency allowance
- United Nations sponsored medical insurance plan
- Pension plan
- Optional life insurance plan
- Access to professional development and learning programs, online learning and learning path
- Access to staff well-being support
- Access to career development support
Please visit Compensation and Benefit site on UNICEF Career page
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: UNICEF Values
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
(1) Builds and maintains partnerships (2) Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (3) Drive to achieve results for impact (4) Innovates and embraces change (5) Manages ambiguity and complexity (6) Thinks and acts strategically (7) Works collaboratively with others.
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Requirement for internal applicants
Internal applicants from GSSC are required to complete the courses of Learning Paths that are identified as essential when applying to the level of this post. Please visit the L&D Portal Learning and Development (sharepoint.com) for more information.
National Officer (NO) staff are nationals of the country in which they perform functions of a technical and professional nature. Eligible applicants are nationals of Hungary.
National Officer staff are locally recruited staff and therefore, are responsible for any travel and accommodation arrangements. UNICEF does not facilitate MFA accreditation for locally recruited staff
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions.
Appointments are also subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: