Business Support Assistant G5 - (DCD's Office) Yaoundé
- Organization: WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Yaoundé
- Grade: Administrative support - Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Sustainable trade and development
- Managerial positions
- Sustainable Business Development
- Closing Date: Closed
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
WHO WE ARE?
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), a highly prestigious, reputable & world’s largest humanitarian organization, operating in more than 120 countries and territories, bringing life-saving assistance in emergencies, building pathways to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change and supporting sustainable and resilient livelihoods for a world with zero hunger.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP's values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
To learn more about WFP, visit our website: https://www.wfp.org/ and follow us on social media to keep up with our latest news: YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Five or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
- Fluency (level C) in English or French language (written and oral).
- Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: English/French. (Other WFP working language) would be an asset.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Specialised knowledge of the application of common business processes, practical business support methods, procedures and systems used in area of work, gained through technical training and work experience.
• Good communication skills in order to provide specialised business support services to a wide range of individuals.
• Ability to analyse and interpret financial data and monitor budgets.
• Ability to proactively identify and recommend areas for improvement to the design and delivery of specialised services.
• Ability to build relationships with a variety of individuals across functions.
• Experience in coordinating the work of others and self and training and supporting others.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
WFP Cameroon is part of the Country Offices in the Regional Bureau for Central and West Africa (RBD) facing multiple humanitarian crises that simultaneously aggravate existing socio-economic vulnerabilities in the country. The fragile security situation in the Northern part of the Country, a protracted refugee operation in the East and crises in the Northwest and Southwest regions has left millions of people vulnerable to food insecurity. WFP provides a key emergency response component of the Humanitarian Response Plan through regular food and sustainable development assistance to part of the food insecure and vulnerable people in the country. With the launch of the second-generation strategic plan, it is imperative to obtain the optimum capacity of staff, partners and beneficiaries given the precarious humanitarian situation and importance of delivering efficient and quick support. This role further described below, will contribute to the World Food Programme's mission in Cameroon to Saving Lives, Changing Lives.
To coordinate and control a full range of business support services for a specific professional area of work, to ensure that services are delivered effectively.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide dedicated executive assistant support.
2. Manage DCD Agenda and coordinate with other stakeholders’ ion the preparation of key documents before meetings.
3. Coordinate with Fleet and admin units DCD office movement in town and trips both inside and outside the country.
4. Respond to complex business support queries in order to provide a timely and accurate resolution of enquiries for clients.
5. Oversee the maintenance of records and databases to ensure information is organised and readily available for staff and compliant with all relevant regulations and policies.
6. Revise and review correspondence and documentation, providing feedback and making amendments where appropriate, to contribute to production of these materials to time and quality standards.
7. Assist managers in planning, monitoring and reconciling budget(s) to ensure that planned financial resources are used effectively.
8. Assess and recommend improvements to procedures and practices, to contribute to the effective delivery of business support services.
9. Provide a full range of complex business support services to staff to contribute to the effective functioning of business operations.
10. Provide advice, support and/or training to junior support staff in the provision of business support services, in order to support their learning in providing business support.
11. Coordinate tasks of junior colleagues to ensure support services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK
|Leads by Example with Integrity||Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments||Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative Teamwork||Applies Strategic Thinking||Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships|
|Lives the WFP values and shows humanity and integrity by role modelling care for others||Delivers on commitments and adapts readily to change||Is inclusive and collaborative, and contributes to a culture of learning and personal growth||Demonstrates commitment to gather perspectives, analyse options and risks, and propose new ways of doing things||Builds and nurtures external partnerships and collaborates with partners to deliver common objectives|
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Contract Type : Fixed-Term - FT
- Unit : DCD's
- Duty Station : Yaoundé, Cameroon
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 31st May 2023 (11:59 PM UTC+1)
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: