Caspian and Black Sea Programme Officer- Temporary
- Organization: OECD - Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- Location: Paris
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: Closed
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) is an international organisation comprised of 38 member countries, that works to build better policies for better lives. Our mission is to promote policies that will improve the economic and social well-being of people around the world. Together with governments, policy makers and citizens, we work on establishing evidence-based international standards, and finding solutions to a range of social, economic and environmental challenges. From improving economic performance and creating jobs to fostering strong education and fighting international tax evasion, we provide a unique forum and knowledge hub for data and analysis, exchange of experiences, best-practice sharing, and advice on public policies and international standard-setting.
The International Energy Agency (IEA) is an intergovernmental organisation committed to advancing security of energy supply, economic growth and environmental sustainability through energy policy co-operation. The IEA operates as an autonomous body within the framework of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. Both the IEA and the OECD seek opportunities to work with an increasing number of non-members of growing importance to the world economy (countries beyond IEA). The Agency aims to foster the contribution of the energy sector to economic development and environmental sustainability across the globe.
The Office of Global Energy Relations (GER) was created to strengthen IEA engagement with key Accession, Association and partner country stakeholders, to articulate the IEA’s role vis-à-vis other international organisations and fora as well as to ensure cross-Agency co-ordination of these activities. The Division for Europe, Middle East, Africa and Latin America (EMAL), is responsible for coordinating and developing the Agency’s engagement with countries in these regions, including activities under the Clean Energy Transitions Programme (CETP).
The Office of Global Energy Relations is looking for a skilled and motivated Programme Officer for the Caspian and Black Sea Desk with experience in project management and liaison activities to join the Division for Europe, Middle-East, Africa and Latin America (EMAL). The successful applicant will be a member of a team coordinating the implementation of the work programme as well as other projects for countries in the region, which covers countries in East and Southeast Europe, as well as the Caucasus and Central Asia. Under the supervision of the responsible Programme Manager, the selected candidate will liaise with counterparts in their region and coordinate with colleagues from across the IEA.
- Organization of activities under relevant work programmes, i.e. physical events in Paris as well as region as well as remote engagement, analytical work as well as production of deliverables such as reports and commentary pieces.
- Liaison with counterparts in partner countries and key International Organizations such as the EBRD, the European Commission, World Bank, Energy Community, UN ECE for all workstreams of the Clean Energy Transitions Programme (CETP), to implement and further develop cooperation in coordination with IEA Divisions.
- Pursuit of opportunities for communicating bilateral and regional successes of projects being implemented, production of content for IEA website, regional media outlets and social media.
- Continuous monitoring of political and macroeconomic developments with impact on the energy sector in the region, contributing to briefings to IEA management and IEA member countries, as well as relevant donors.
- Liaison and coordination with existing donors for projects, including the CETP, fundraising for future projects.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- An advanced university degree in engineering, economics, energy policy, political science or other relevant disciplines.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in energy-related project management and liaison activities in a public or private organisation, a research centre and/or an international organization.
- Experience working with/in countries in East and Southeast Europe, the Caucasus and Central Asia would be a plus.
- Proven organisational skills, including ability to work autonomously and ensure delivery of work to strict deadlines
- Experience with planning and organising meetings, workshops and consultation processes.
- Fluency in one of the two OECD official languages (English and French), and knowledge of, or a willingness to learn the other.
- Knowledge of Russian or Ukrainian languages would be an asset.
- Please refer to the level 3 indicators of the OECD Core Competencies.
- Ideal start date\: early July
- 6 months, with the possibility of renewal.
- Long-listed candidates may be invited to a written assessment and an individual interview.
- Please note that our Rules and Regulations stipulate that the mandatory retirement age is 65.
- Salary and conditions will depend on the experience and status (temporary staff or official) of the selected candidate.
- For temporary staff, monthly gross salary of 3,750€.
The OECD is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes the applications of all qualified candidates who are nationals of OECD member countries, irrespective of their racial or ethnic origin, opinions or beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, health or disabilities.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: