Internship with Supply & Procurement - Ankara, Turkey (National)
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Ankara
- Grade: Internship - Internship
- Supply Chain
- Closing Date: Closed
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, access to clean water
If you are committed and passionate about making a lasting difference for children, UNICEF Turkey would like to hear from you.
How can you make a difference?
UNICEF offers the opportunity for interns, talented university students, to gain valuable professional experience while being exposed to UNICEF's work. At the same time, UNICEF benefits from working with interns as they are a significant asset, providing updated academic knowledge, technical know-how and other valuable skills to the organization.
Under the direct supervision of the Supply and Logistics Manager, the intern will support a wide range of activities outside secured supply share point related to supply chain, tabulation (excel), supply file management (hardcopy), Vendor database update (excel), internet search for goods for suppliers and enlist the vendors, arrange inspection of vendors, prepare financial templates for wide range of services to establish LTAs (translation, graphic design, photocopy etc.).
The intern is expected to deliver the below products in accordance with the timeline, specifications, and standards provided by UNICEF.
- Provides support to supply unit, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Bid tabulation in excel format
- Administrative and logistical support to supply unit
- Financial offer templates preparation and evaluation in excel format for bids and LTAs
- Identify and update vendor database in excel format
- Prepare reference letters requested by the vendors
- Assist in maintaining bid and contracts records
- Perform administrative tasks including preparing and/or processing documents for Supply /Procurement Section and any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Duty Station: Ankara
Supervisor: Supply and Logistics Specialist
Duration: Initially for 2 months with possible extension up to 26 weeks
Stipend: In accordance with UNICEF's guidelines, interns will be paid a nominal stipend per month. There is no expectancy of employment at the end of the internship.
Insurance: UNICEF will not be responsible for costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during the intern's service, whether on or off UNICEF premises. Therefore, the selected candidate must provide proof of enrolment in a health/accident plan prior to start his/her work. If accepted, the intern will be required to provide a copy of health insurance coverage and to fill out the relevant UNICEF forms on conditions regarding service as an intern.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree programme or have graduated within the past two years in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, International Relations, Finance/Accounting or other relevant fields.
- Master's degree is highly desirable.
- Excellent or very good academic performance as demonstrated by recent university or institution records (GPA must be reflected in the application)
- Fluency in English and Turkish
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: UNICEF Values
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: