Area Programme Manager Moldova Chisinau
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Moldova
- Grade: Mid level - Mid level
- Project and Programme Management
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: Closed
The Area Programme Manager (APM) is responsible for implementing holistic and need-based programmes and representing NRC at coordination forums, as delegated from Area Manager. The APM is a member of the Area Senior Management Team.
Below is a summary of the role. Please download the Job Description for further details.
What you will do:
- Acting AM when appointed
- Ensure systems for program quality control, monitoring and evaluation, and approach to identifying and acting on key learning in project implementation
- Regular conference calls, assist with visits and coordination with Donors and other external stakeholders at the area level, in coordination with the AM
- Contribute to planning and implementation of needs assessments, with CC Specialists/PDMs, including for new areas of operation
- Work with CC Specialists/PDMs to develop programmatic strategy for both emergency and transitional/ durable solutions responses (with a focus on returns)
- Responsible for the implementation of the Project Cycle Management (PCM) system
- Oversight of implementation of projects, including targets and budgets, in coordination with all Project Managers and Coordinators
- Coordinate with finance department to ensure effective and transparent project progress forecast
- Regular 1:1 meeting with direct line reports and completion of work and development plans for all direct reports
- Oversight of donor reports for AO level projects
What you will bring:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a senior programme management position in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in people management in a complex programme
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts
- Sectoral expertise including in recovery and durable solutions programming
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the context Moldova/Ukraine an advantage
- Knowledge of Romanian or Russian is advantage
- Experience of developing programmes in a large and rapidly expanding country programme
- Professional qualification in grants management, Monitoring & Evaluation, or technical sectors is an advantage
What Makes This Position Attractive?
- The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. The organisation protects displaced people and supports them as they build a new future. NRC began relief efforts after World War II, and today, works in both new and protracted crises across more than 40 countries.
- Meaningful work that responds to the diverse needs, priorities, and concerns raised by beneficiary communities. NRC Moldova meets immediate humanitarian needs, prevents further displacement, and contributes to durable solutions.
What We Offer
- Duty station: Chisinnau - Moldova
- Contract duration: 12 months
- Travel : up to 40% within the field
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC Grade 9 salary scale, terms and conditions.
- NRC is an equal opportunities employer. In the selection of our staff, we are committed to diversity without distinction to age, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
- We think outside the box, encourage ideas, and give responsibility to all employees at all levels. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
Key Information - Please Take Note When Applying
- Learn more about NRC here
- To apply as an internal candidate, please click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site.
- Apply by completing all the system-required fields of your experience, employment history, and education in your application.
- Ensure to attach your latest CV.
- Submit your application and CV in English.
- When creating your profile, include your full name as per your passport.
- Applications that do not meet the minimum standards in terms of experience or qualifications will generally not be considered.
- Unsolicited applications not related to this specific job advertisement will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We receive many applicants for each vacant position.
NRC is very grateful to those who have responded thus far and continue to heed to our calls for support. This is going a long way in addressing the diverse needs, priorities, and concerns currently affecting the displaced communities.
For any questions pertaining to this role please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with the "Job Title" as the subject line.
Due to large response, NRC will not provide feedback to those candidates who do not meet criteria and/or not follow the application process.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: