Officer, Human Resources (national staff position)
- Organization: IFRC - International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
- Location: Kyiv
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: Closed
Reporting to the Human Resource Manager and as part of the Ukraine HR team, the position incumbent is responsible for leading, implementing and advancing HR projects related to workforce planning and HR Administration.
He/She establishes, cultivates and maintains ongoing relationships with the Country and Regional HR team as well as with client groups to ensure a clear understanding and agreement among these collaborators of the engagement required towards meeting the objectives related to the projects under implementation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Recruitment, Selection and Placement
- Support, implement and administer the effective and timely recruitment processes in the hiring, developing and retaining the best talent to support the strategic human resources needs of the Ukraine
- Promote equity, transparency, and consistency in the selection process
- Support the human resources needs by ensuring incoming staff receive efficient on-boarding as well as systems compliance is achieved on induction and exit
- Provide strategic advice around HR needs to the hiring managers Main focal point for recruitment in IFRC Ukraine
- Responsible for recruitment, considering methods for advertisement, interviews and tests to find the best candidates
- Responsible for ensuring that Job Descriptions is based on generic JD’s and tile and categories is according to IFRC Ukraine structure
- Ensuring that findings in interview process are given to line managers to be included in individual development plans
- Prepare monthly recruitment reports and submit to the HR Manager
- Ensure that all staff have updated JDs.
Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Provide back up support for emergency response in HR as and when requested
- Provide support on emergency deployment including SURGE teams in close collaboration with Technical Departments
Capacity Building and staff Development
- In coordination with the relevant unit heads, implement timely and effective staff learning and development programmes.
- Monitor staff/management issues and support/advise management and staff as appropriate to improve the relations and resolve the issues.
- Provide support and advice to management and staff as appropriate to maintain conducive working environment for all
- Ensure effective working relationships with HR unit colleagues, with client groups at all levels within the Ukraine and at the regional level
- Relevant University degree field (required)
- Full human resource professional qualification in HR and registered with a
- professional HR Body (preferred)
- Post Graduate qualification is an added advantage (preferred)
- 3 years relevant professional HR experience (required)
- Experience of facilitating recruitment and on boarding processes (required)
- Experience of working for the Red Cross and Red Crescent (preferred)
- Experience working with governmental and international non-governmental organizations, authorities, agencies (preferred)
- Experience of handling confidential information (required)
- Experience handling employee relations matters (required)
- Experience in preparing staff payroll and HRIS (preferred)
Knowledge, Skills and Language
- Self-supporting in computers (Windows, spread sheets, etc.) (required)
- Diplomacy skills (required)
- Skills in training and developing staff (required)
- Advanced HRIS (required)
- Customer service (required)
- Fluently spoken and written English and Ukrainian (required)
Competencies and Values
Communication; Collaboration and Teamwork; Judgement and Decision Making; National Society and Customer Relations; Creativity and Innovation; Building Trust;
This is a full time national staff position based in Kyiv, Ukraine.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: