Digital Learning Trainer- General Support
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Dadaab
- Grade: Junior level - Junior
- Education, Learning and Training
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: Closed
Overall purpose of the role:
The Digital Learning Trainer will support in facilitating ICT skills in Microsoft productivity software and ICDL, online collaboration tools, and user support in opening and operating on-line job accounts for clients. She/he will provide technical support in network and Internet services, hardware and software maintenance of ICT equipment, and user support.
R1. Project Management and Development:
- Participate in mobilization and enrolment of digital learners.
- Participate together with the digital team to prepare training manuals.
- Establish and Maintain the digital training database.
- Keep inventory of all the ICT equipment’s under your supervision
- Support needs assessment and propose new ideas to improve the digital learning and on-line jobs for youth.
R2. Monitoring and Reporting:
- Record learner’s attendance details.
- Record earnings by on line job clients and report to your supervisor
- Submit weekly/monthly project updates to the digital learning officer
R3. Planning and Budgeting:
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly plans and share with your supervisor with the aim of implementing them
R4. Training Digital Learning Skills:
- Plan and implement active learning for the students in relation to the stipulated syllabus.
- Formulate a suitable scheme of work, lesson plans, and record of units covered for various kinds of innovative Digital Skills training undertaking.
- Continuously evaluate students, maintain performance, and provide feedback to learners during their learning period
- Participate in mobilization and enrolment learners.
- Provide IT Support in the IT lab center assigned to you.
- Working with stakeholders in delivering various Digital Skills to the learners
- Provide counselling and social development mentorship to learners.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Diploma/Higher Diploma or Degree in IT, BBIT, Computer science or related field of study is required
- Two-year previous experience in teaching youth in a school/college / Vocational training institution setting
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English
- Experience in working with underprivileged youth. A good team player with high degree of initiative, flexibility and tolerance
- Ability to tolerate diverse cultural, educational and religious diversity in the workplace
- Support on line collaboration, user support, software and hard ware maintenance.
- Diploma/Higher Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or other related field from a recognized institution
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in Somali
DRC’s Core competencies:
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master the below DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: you focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: you take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: you Uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract duration: 6-months contract with possibility of extension, subject to funding and performance. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the Danish Refugee Council terms of employment for National staff.
Reporting to: Economic Recovery Officer (Digital Trainer)
Availability: June 2023
Internal & External: All staff, Technicians and Assistants.
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework (http://www.drc.dk/HAF.4265.0.html)
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications, which should include a 1-page cover letter clearly stating their motivation, and qualifications and a CV. Applications should include contact details of three professional referees who have supervised the candidate in the last five years. One referee must be the applicant’s most recent manager. Only applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. Applications should be sent no later than: 30th May 2023.
DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, female candidates and those from minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: