National Consultant to Produce/Director of HD short movies for the Peace Building in Lebanon Project.LBN/CO/IC/142/23
The UNDP “Peace Building in Lebanon” project works since 2007 on enhancing mutual understanding and promoting social cohesion by addressing root causes of conflict in Lebanon. The project has been also lately working on addressing the impact of the Syrian crisis on social stability in Lebanon.
The project supports different groups from local leaders and local actors, to educators, journalists, youth and civil society activists, in developing medium and long-term strategies for peace building, crisis management and conflict prevention.
The project focuses on addressing the new challenges to civil peace and peace building in the country posed by the Syrian crisis throughout the following four outputs:
1. Education promoting social cohesion supported;
2. Media empowered to promote balanced and conflict sensitive media coverage;
3. Local level peace building strategies to mitigate tensions developed in selected conflict prone areas of Lebanon hosting Syrian refugees;
4. NGO platform promoting nation-wide truth and reconciliation supported ex-fighters’ role in promoting peace building supported.
The short movies series and reels, which will be developed within the scope of works of this Terms of Reference, will serve as a tool for increasing the awareness, visibility and impact of the project. The short movies series will mainly underline the new activities implemented within project.
In this context, UNDP intends to procure the services of a Producer or Director for the production of a short movies series and reels, for publicity and awareness raising regarding the importance of the civil peace and peace building in the country, with the specifications provided below within the scope of work.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Producer/Director will be required to:
- Liaise and closely coordinate with the media and communication officer to develop the short movies and reels’ concept and scenario;
- Field visits with the media and communication officer and the Peacebuilding team to get context;
- Develop creative brief and storyboard for each short movie and reel, outlining the narrative structure, visual style, tone, and messaging of the production. This includes working with the project team to ensure that the creative brief and storyboard align with the project’s overall objectives and themes, and that they communicate a clear and compelling message to the target audience.
- Ensure that the short movies and reels are designed with a conflict-sensitive and inclusive approach.
- Produce the final short movies and reels including filming, editing of rushes, adding Voice Over, text, music, translation and subtitles from Arabic to English and vice versa (adapting the social media, website, and TV broadcasting formats);
- Ensure that all aspects of the production process are carried out in am ethical, and responsible manner, and that the short movies and reels comply with UNDP and the donors’ guidelines;
- Incorporate feedback from the project team and stakeholders into the production process, making any necessary amendments or adjustments to the creative brief, storyboard, or final products.
The process of initiation the rendering of the services will be upon UNDP issuance of Purchase Orders to the consultant upon determination of needs during the terms of this agreement, referring to the agreement, and setting out the services required, place of delivery and other instructions.
For additional information, please refer to ANNEX I – Terms of Reference
Creativity and storytelling skills (Present portfolio of past work)
Technical skills in videography (present portfolio of past work)
Required Skills and Experience
I. Academic Qualifications:
At least Bachelor’s Degree in communications arts Radio/Television, Audiovisual, Photography, Film Production, Film Directing or any related field.
II. Years of experience:
At least 3 years’ experience in undertaking similar assignments in shooting, editing, producing and directing documentary films and short movies.
At least 3 years’ experience producing movies for international organizations.
At least 3 years’ experience coordinating with multiple stakeholders and local actors.
At least 2 years’ experience working on peace building or development related topics.
Please note that this procurement process is being conducted through the new online tendering system of UNDP. Applicants who wish to submit a proposal must be registered in the system. Kindly register by visiting the link below and follow the instructions provided in the user guide in the document attached:
http://supplier.quantum.partneragencies.org/ using the profile you may have in the Quantum portal.
In case you have never registered before, follow the Supplier Portal Registration Link to register a profile in the system. The Supplier User Guide has been uploaded to the following link. Do not create a new profile if you already have one. Use the forgotten password feature in case you do not remember the password or the username from previous registration.
The supplier webinar is now available in the following link: https://www.undp.org/procurement/business/resources-for-bidders.
Please note that all required documents are found on UNDP Quantum Platform under negotiation reference: UNDP-LBN-00223
The application must include all of the following Mandatory documents:
- Annex 3 (Offerors Letter) with password protected
Please put value of 1 USD in the price line instead of the financial proposal amount.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The amount of Financial Offer MUST not be mentioned anywhere in the submitted documents or eTendering system except the line item tab. The Financial Proposal MUST be password protected and the password will be requested later as per the IC requirements. Failure in compliance with the mentioned conditions shall result in rejection of the offer.
Any request for clarification must be sent in writing via messaging functionality in the portal. UNDP will respond in writing including an explanation of the query without identifying the source of inquiry.
Proposals should be submitted online through the UNDP Procurement platform Quantum no later than; 09 June 2023 at 11:59 PM Beirut Local Time. Proposals will not be received through email.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: