Finance Officer - Katsina
- Organization: IRC - International Rescue Committee
- Grade: Mid level - Mid level
- Operations and Administrations
- Banking and Finance
- Closing Date: Closed
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC has been present in Nigeria since 2012 when the organization responded to flooding in Kogi state. In February 2014 the IRC moved into Adamawa State in NE Nigeria to provide humanitarian interventions through a multi-sectoral, integrated approach for conflict affected populations. IRC Nigeria now operates a country office in Abuja and field offices in Mubi and Yola of Adamawa State, Maiduguri and Monguno of Borno state and Damatru of Yobe State. Currently, IRC Nigeria implements programs primary health care, nutrition, environmental health, women’s protection and empowerment, protection, child protection, education, food security & livelihoods
The Finance Officer is responsible for essential accounting functions including accounts payable and receivable support, report reconciliation, fund tracking, month-end, and adjusting journal entries. The Finance officer reports to the Finance Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Compliance check of finance documents/transactions for payment to ensure that all payments are approved as per the authority Matrix. Also, to make sure that all payments are processed within 5 working days.
- Focal person for per Diem and Consultant payments. To ensure that these payments are processed within 5 working days.
- Prepare All Required JVs on monthly basis for Month end closing.
- Preparation of the allocation for all staff every month.
- Preparation of the intercompany report every month.
- Preparation of the 2930 NY report every month.
- Preparation of the SPCA and all Pools allocation every month.
- To represent Finance team in bid opening meeting.
- Deal with HQ communications and as instructed from the supervisor.
- Follow up on the PRTS with the concerned staff from SC and other departments on closing grants to assure all expenses has been captured and reported.
- To update Balance sheet reconciliation and ensure that there are no long outstanding balances. Also, to provide justification and expected clearance date for outstanding balances.
- To establish good coordination with Supply Chain, HR and Program department in Coordination with other departments establish the workflow and deadlines for timely submission of the payment’s documents.
- Help in audit process for submitting documents to auditors and assisting all audit processes with Finance Manager.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor(s)
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: Finance Manager
Position directly Supervises: Finance Manager
Key Internal Contacts:
- Country Program: Nigeria
- Region/Global: west Africa (CRRD)
Key External Contacts: stakeholder
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: