- Organization: IRC - International Rescue Committee
- Location: Al Dhale
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: Closed
Job Title: Environmental Health Assistant
Band/ Level / Grade: 9ِB
Department: Environmental Health
Location: Aldhalea Govt.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Scope of Work:
Under the direct supervision of the Environmental Health Officer/Manager, the EH Assistant Position is a junior level management position that involves planning, Designing and monitoring the accurate implementation of the Emergency WASH Response. The position requires the supervision of some WASH work and the accurate management of the financial, material, and other resources under the program and reporting periodically to supervisors.
- Participating in detailed technical assessments for water supply and sanitation facilities to be rehabilitated or constructed and preparing of Bills of Quantities, specifications and drawings.
- Participating in Coordinating with local authorities in their intervention areas.
- Conducting detailed assessments at health facilities to identify the health care waste management needs. By Coordinating with Hygiene promotion Officer to conducting need assessment and support their activities.
- Responsible Direct Supervise on rehabilitation or newly construction of the water supply and sanitation facilities and follow monitoring for contract management in coordination with WASH Officer/Manager.
- Tracking and maintain records on construction progress, labor and material utilization, challenges and prepare weekly and monthly progress reports through collection and reporting of data necessary for the consolidation of project and strategic standard indicators (number of beneficiaries, number and type of activity performed, results of water analyze performed ...).
- Work with communities and partners in Environment Health Activities.
- Support, stablish or activate and facilitate the training of water management committee or group to ensure accurate per management of WASH facilities.
- Direct supervise on Water Trucking activities Conduct regular Monitoring by do water quality testing as the need arises.
- Knowledge on Computer programs (Office) as well as AutoCAD.
- Performs other task as requested by EH Officer or Manager as far is it related to main WASH activities.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: