National Project Assistant
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Riyadh
- Grade: Administrative support - Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education
- Administrative support
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2023-06-06
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core principles at UNDP: we value diversity as an expression of the multiplicity of nations and cultures where we operate, we foster inclusion as a way of ensuring all personnel are empowered to contribute to our mission, and we ensure equity and fairness in all our actions. Taking a ‘leave no one behind’ approach to our diversity efforts means increasing representation of underserved populations. People who identify as belonging to marginalized or excluded populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Learn more about working at UNDP including our values and inspiring stories.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Assist with organizing operational and administrative processes for project needs:
- Provide daily support for the timely execution of the project (s) approved work plans.
- Assist in monitoring the progress throughout the project cycle.
- Assist the National Project Officer in coordinating the exchange of information among the programme partners.
- Provide required support in organizing/conducting project activities.
- Provide administrative services to meetings, seminars, and workshops.
- Ensure efficient travel arrangements provided for the team as required, proper use of UNDP resources and client satisfaction.
- Maintain records on assets management and prepare asset reports.
- Support in travel and logistics arrangements, as needed.
- Initiate routine correspondence relating to the implementation of the project and drafting of official documents.
- Support in organizing meetings, workshops, and conferences.
- Draft meeting minutes, translate, and interpret them from Arabic into English and vice-versa.
- Support other programme-related activities as required by the UNDP Programme and Management teams.
- Undertake and support project implementation and procurement activities according to UNDP workflows, including contracting consultants and institutional contracts.
- Propose solutions to any administrative issues whenever relevant and possible.
Duties and Responsibilities
Manage the project documentation in an appropriate and satisfactory manner:
- Maintain files and ensure proper records of project working files and permanent retention files in line with corporate requirements (project audit, evaluation, and operational and financial closure).
- Assist in the preparation of project work plans by providing support in data collection, systematization, analysis of information, and interaction with institutions in data collection.
- Prepare relevant background materials for use in discussions, correspondence, and briefing sessions.
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of a variety of progress reports by providing information, preparation, and analysis of financial data, etc.
- Document lessons learned.
- Compile, copy, and distribute project products.
- Undertake any other duties as may be required by UNDP.
The National Project Assistant will report to the UNDP Programme Analyst and consult on a regular basis with the National Project Manager (NPM).
- Knowledge and experience in working with governmental entities in Saudi Arabia.
- Demonstrates integrity and fairness by modeling UN values and ethical standards.
- Demonstrates professional competence and is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, and age sensitivity and adaptability.
|Achieve Results:||LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline|
|Think Innovatively:||LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements|
|Learn Continuously:||LEVEL 1: Open-minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback|
|Adapt with Agility:||
LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles
ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
|Act with Determination:||LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident|
|Engage and Partner:||LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships|
|Enable Diversity and Inclusion:||LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination|
Business Direction and Strategy
|Strategic Thinking||Ability to develop effective strategies and prioritized plans in line with UNDP’s objectives, based on the systemic analysis of challenges, potential risks, and opportunities, linking the vision to reality on the ground, and creating tangible solutions|
|Business Direction and Strategy||System Thinking||Ability to use objective problem analysis and judgment to understand how interrelated elements coexist within an overall process or system, and to consider how altering one element can impact other parts of the system|
|Business Direction and Strategy||Negotiation and Influence||Ability to reach an understanding, persuade others, resolve points of difference, gain an advantage in the outcome of dialogue, negotiates mutually acceptable solutions through compromise, and create ‘win-to-win’ situations|
|Business Development||Knowledge Generation||Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need|
|Business Management||Results Based Management||Ability to manage programmes and projects with a focus on improved performance and demonstrable results|
|Business Management||Working with Evidence and Data||Ability to inspect, cleanse, transform, and model data with the goal of discovering useful information, informing conclusions, and supporting decision-making|
|Business Management||Monitoring||Ability to provide managers and key stakeholders with regular feedback on the consistency or discrepancy between planned and actual activities and programme performance and results|
Required Skills and Experience
|Min. Academic Education||Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Business, or Public Administration or 4 years of experience associated with a high school degree.|
|Min. years of relevant Work experience||A minimum of 1 year of experience associated with a Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of experience associated with a high school degree.|
|Required skills and competencies||
|Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section||
|Required Language(s) (at working level)||Advanced in spoken and written English and Arabic.|
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP has a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual exploitation and misconduct, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
UNDP is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer that does not discriminate based on race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.