Cash Platform Specialist
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Maiduguri
- Grade: Mid level - Mid level
- Communication and Public Information
- Cash-Based Interventions
- Closing Date: Closed
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Based in Copenhagen (Denmark) and present in forty countries, the Danish Refugee Council is a non-profit-making, politically independent, non-governmental and non-denominational relief organization.
Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has had an operational presence in Nigeria since 2015, and has experience working in 33 Local Government Areas (LGAs) across the BAY states. DRC provides life-saving assistance and protection to vulnerable, conflict-affected populations including IDPs, returnees, and host communities in the sectors of armed violence reduction, livelihoods, nutrition and food security, protection, shelter and non-food items (NFI) and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH). The operational context in northeastern Nigeria remains challenging, as the ongoing conflict impedes conflict-affected communities’ access to what limited basic services are available, as well as DRC and other humanitarians’ access to persons of concern.
Under the line supervision of the Programme Development and Quality Manager and technical supervision of the MEAL Coordinator, the main responsibilities of the Cash Platform Specialist are:
- Ensure the overall strategic coordination, day-to-day effective planning and management, and key technical oversight on the use of the cash platform. This entails maintaining acceptable standards and thinking innovatively to ensure improved efficiency, accountability, and transparency in the implementation of cash programming in DRC’s implementation areas.
- Analyze and provide solutions for Red Rose payment devices issues - both in the office and in the field. Monitor and report on the performance of Information and communication technology for development functions and service delivery processes concerning organizational needs.
- Enable knowledge management, decision-making, and programming effectiveness by ensuring efficient operations and use of information sharing, communication, and collaboration technologies, and by providing technical advice to DRC’s staff on overall ICT systems.
Work collaboratively with other teams to explore the use of the Red Rose platform beyond the current expectations and create opportunities for newer innovations.
Duties and Responsibilities
Red Rose System Management:
- Provide leadership and support for the enablement of the Red Rose technology and mobile devices to be used for the implementation of the DRC’s Nigeria cash program.
- Ensure Red Rose systems are designed, implemented, configured, and maintained to meet DRC’s program service requirements.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the Red Rose team in Nigeria, as they deploy and maintain the system and devices across the Nigeria program, to enhance program implementation effectiveness.
- Support the Red Rose team in ensuring quality system configuration, administration, security, and maintenance of the devices for the success of cash program implementation.
- Advise and support the MEAL team and other staff in executing good stewardship and efficient use of the platform.
- Collaborate with relevant staff to create, document, and maintain the inventory and ensure adequate supply and functionality.
- Share the cash program monthly statistics through the dashboard with the relevant stakeholders.
- Any other duties assigned
End-User Support for Information and communication technology for development and ensure Compliance:
- Ensure timely response to user support requests or promptly escalate issues as needed.
- Support staff orientation process for the Red Rose technology and devices.
- Monitor Red Rose system operations and implement measures to ensure consistency in service delivery against established policies, procedures, and service standards.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain Unit to ensure Red Rose equipment and software purchases are in line with DRC’s standards and compliance with donor requirements.
- Maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job.
- Develop and implement training programs to improve the staff capacity on the Red Rose One System Technology.
- Participate in regional/agency Information and communication technology for development initiatives.
- Provide individual coaching of and training of FSL CVA.
Provide technical support to program on CVA development and ensure quality CVA implementation:
- Oversee technical soundness of delivery of CVA throughout the programme, identifying and helping ensure the resolution of any problems.
- Provide timely support to in various processes required for the implementation of CVA modalities, including, but not limited to: market assessments, feasibility analysis, partnerships, capacity development and training, beneficiary selection and registration, identification and development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), identification, procurement and contracting of financial services, monitoring, impact evaluation, complaints and feedback mechanisms, etc;
- Undertake review and prepare feasibility clearances of project documents envisaging the use of CVA modalities.
- Identify and document CVA-related good practices, incl, CVA SoP, which have a potential to enhance the quality of DRC interventions and support their dissemination and potential adoption, replication and standardization.
Internal and External Coordination:
- Maintain good working relationship with the DRC Program team on implementation, Monitoring & Technical support related to CVA.
- Support and assist the DRC MEAL team on monitoring and evaluation of CVA.
- Represent DRC in Cash Working Group and cluster (Food security sector, cash working group, early recovery and livelihoods task force teams), coordinate and share information.
- Actively engage with other humanitarian actors currently implementing Cash Transfer Programming to ensure coordination and harmonization of approaches where appropriate.
- Actively seek to use inventive approaches and new technology in the field of cash and voucher programming, both for cash distribution and voucher systems, beneficiary selection, service provider selection and data collection
Perform any other duties assigned.
- At least 2 years of grants management experience with an international NGO.
- Knowledge of donor rules, regulations, and procedures of donors including but not limited to US and European donors, EU funding mechanisms, and UN agencies.
- Proven experience in successfully submitting reporting packages.
- Proven experience in capacity building and training of national staff and partners.
- Full professional proficiency in English with the capacity to produce well-written products for formal reporting and communication.
- Skilled in obtaining information necessary to accomplish duties.
- Able to prioritize work, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at a functional level.
- Able to quickly research, learn and disseminate new knowledge and information.
- Able to communicate technical ideas and concerns in a non-technical environment.
- Able to adapt and learn.
- Strong organization and planning skills, detail oriented.
A bachelor’s degree in international relations, project management, business administration, or similar studies relevant to the post is required. A master’s degree is desirable
- The employee shall follow DRC instructions on safety, confidentiality and ethical guidelines, including the Code of Conduct and the Humanitarian Accountability Framework
- Employee should not engage in any other paid activity during the DRC contract period without prior authorization
- Employee should not engage in any activity that could harm DRC or the implementation of any project during the DRC contract period
- Employee should not give interviews to the media or publish project-related photos or other material without prior authorization
- Employee shall return all borrowed equipment for the project to DRC after the end of the contract period or upon request
Are you interested? Then apply for this position on line: www.drc.dk/about-drc/vacancies/current-vacancies.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English.
DRC provides equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
DRC encourages all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
However, all applicants shall take into consideration that DRC cannot offer an international work contract to a citizen of the country of assignment (in this specific case, Nigeria)
Applications close on the 06 June 2023 at midnight (GMT-time). Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
Due to the urgency of the position, DRC has the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: