Digital Production Specialist
The Global Crop Diversity Trust is an international organization with headquarters in Bonn, Germany whose mission is to ensure the conservation and availability of crop diversity for food security worldwide. For further information about the Global Crop Diversity Trust, consult the web page at http://croptrust.org
The Global Crop Diversity Trust is seeking an outstanding candidate for the position of:
Digital Production Specialist
Reporting to the Head of Communications, the Digital Production Specialist will also work with other internal teams and external partners to ensure that the Crop Trust’s institutional website and sub-sites feature high-quality on-message content, and increase reach and engage target audiences. The successful candidate, working closely with designers, will also be responsible to ensuring other products, such as reports, infographics, flyers, and other design elements are delivered on time to the highest quality.
The role includes responsibilities such as:
- Ensure the institutional website and subsites feature high-quality on-message content to increase reach and engage target audiences.Coordinate the scheduling, production and publishing of content across the Crop Trust’s institutional website and subsites.
- Draft web and print content as needed.
- Edit and proof all written material published on the Crop Trust’s institutional website and subsites - serving as the ‘last eyes’ on all written content before publication.
- Working closely with the Social Media Focal Point to supply timely content for all social media channels to be developed.
- Track analytics and set targets for the institutional website and subsites, and report on these monthly to the Communications Unit.
- Continuously update and fix the institutional website and subsites as needed, and ensure growth as effective platforms for knowledge sharing and engagement.
- Work closely with a web design agency to develop the website, including the second-phase launch of the Crop Trust’s institutional website, subsites, and related tools.
- Coordinate the production of reports, infographics, flyers, and other design elements, such as the Annual Report and including digital and print products required by other teams, as well as those for general outreach purposes.
- Coordinate all aspects of production by consultants and agencies for web design.
- Coordinate the internal video production of the Executive Director’s and speakers’ speeches and take responsibility for the new Crop Trust video equipment and suite.
- Coordinate regular editorial meetings with the Communications Unit to ensure timely creation and scheduling of pipeline content.
- Develop best practices and guidelines for staff and partners on the production of digital content, as needed.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments and trends in digital content platforms and channels and advise the Head of Communications accordingly.
- Input into relevant budget planning and tracking, as needed.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- University degree in a relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working with websites and editing content in English.
- Experience writing web content and blogs in English.
- A fluent writer and rigorous editor of English.
- Knowledge of Typo 3 or other Content Management Systems.
- A keen and unforgiving eye for detail.
- An enthusiastic and open personality with a strong team spirit.
- Knowledge of other UN languages, and/or German, is an advantage.
Terms and Conditions: The Crop Trust offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive salary, non-contributory retirement savings plan, medical insurance and leave provisions. This is a General Service position classified as Level 3, with Level 3 being the highest Level in the General Service Grade Levels. The salary range for this level starts at Euro 40,000. Staff of the Global Crop Diversity Trust (including German nationals) are exempt from host country income tax. All benefits are denominated and paid Euro. Relocation costs are not covered. The initial contract duration will be 3 years and will be subject to a probationary period of 12 months.
Applications: Interested candidates should submit the following (incomplete applications will not be considered):
Deadline for applications is 18 June 2023.
By submitting your application, you agree to the Crop Trust processing your personal data as
The Trust is an equal opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: