Administrative Assistant, 50% part-time - G4 (DC) 1
- Organization: ILO - International Labour Organization
- Location: Kiev
- Grade: Administrative support - GS-4, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2023-06-07
Vacancy no.: DC/KIEV/GS/2023/01
Publication date: 24 May 2023
Application deadline (midnight Kiev time): 7 June 2023
Job ID: 10873
Department: RO-Europe and Central Asia
Organization Unit: DWT/CO-Budapest
Contract type: Fixed Term
Contract duration: One year renewable
Under article 4.2, paragraph (e) of the Staff Regulations, the filling of vacancies in technical cooperation projects does not fall under Annex I of the Staff Regulations and is made by direct selection by the Director-General.
In order to support the best informed process in the filling of the above-mentioned vacancy by direct selection, the ILO invites interested candidates to submit their application online by the above date.
The following are eligible to apply:
- ILO Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 31 and 32 of Annex I of the Staff Regulations.
- External candidates*
*The recruitment process for General Service positions is subject to specific local recruitment criteria.The ILO may only offer a contract to persons who have a valid residency status and work permit in Ukraine.
Technical cooperation appointments are not expected to lead to a career in the ILO and they do not carry any expectation of renewal or conversion to any other type of appointment in the Organization. A one-year fixed-term contract will be given.Extensions of technical cooperation contracts are subject to various elements including the following: availability of funds, continuing need of the functions and satisfactory conduct and performance.
*Conditions of employment for external candidates: In conformity with existing ILO practice, the appointment of an external candidate will normally be made at the first step of this grade. The entry level salary for this position is 8,064.5 USD yearly.
(general information about the context in which the official will work)
DWT/CO-Budapest provides technical support and guidance related to the ILO Decent Work agenda in 18 countries of Central and Eastern Europe, including Ukraine (for more see www.ilo.org/budapest).
The project “Promoting Compliance with Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work Throughout the Reforms Process in Ukraine” assists the government, the social partners, and the judiciary to respect and apply the fundamental principles and rights at work, when developing and implementing new labour legislation. It promotes respect for labour rights as an integral part of recovery and reconstruction efforts. This new project is funded by the Government of Canada.
The incumbent will provide administrative and logistical support to the implementation of the Project, including organization of the capacity development activities, and financial and operational monitoring of the Project.
The Administrative assistant will work under the direct supervision of the National Project Coordinator. Technical guidance and overall coordination will be executed by the Senior Specialist on Social Dialogue and Labour Law from DWT/CO-Budapest, as well as the ILO National Coordinator for Ukraine.
The Administrative assistant will report to the National Project Coordinator on fulfilment of responsibilities. The incumbent is expected to closely work with the ILO National Coordinator (NC) for Ukraine, the other ILO staff in the country, and the Programme Assistants at the ILO DWT/CO-Budapest.
Description of Duties
1. Draft standard correspondence, type and format a variety of documents related to project activities (correspondence, reports, technical documents, presentations) in conformity with the ILO requirements and using appropriate software, provides translation of relevant materials from Ukrainian into English and vice versa.
2. Provide secretarial and administrative support for meetings, seminars and/or workshops organized under the project at national and/or regional levels. This may include making logistics arrangements, preparation of invitation letters and the typing, compilation and distribution of working documents and other material.
3. Support the knowledge management duties of the project, both within and outside the organisation, and ensure effective email and website communication with the HQ, Regional and Country Offices.
4. Maintain timely and orderly files and official records related to project activities. Search and select relevant information and records for officials upon request.
5. Liaise/Request services from other work units inside or outside the office for completion of tasks.
6. Timely process and completion of travel arrangements, including travel authorization, hotel reservation, arrangement of travel, visas, identity cards, driving licenses, security and other required clearances.
7. Compile, calculate and prepare cost estimates and prepare documents and materials for missions for colleagues, resource persons and participants of meetings, seminars and project-related activities.
8. Prepare routine financial data and statements for the project-related activities. Enter data into computer by classifying and coding transactions.
9. Arrange payment of resource persons, such as Daily Subsistence Allowance. Draft payment-related correspondence and ensure follow-up. May make disbursements from petty cash fund. Maintain records of such disbursements and balance accounts as required.
10. Maintain and update programme and project databases and filing system on the project. Maintain tracking, monitoring and/or reporting systems regarding allocations and expenditures.
11. Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Throughout the work, the incumbent must follow the ILO Standard Operating Procedures and Rules and security arrangements, valid for Ukraine.
Completion of secondary school education.
Three to four years’ general clerical experience. Practical experience on standard office software packages and email required by the work unit (e.g. WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint).
Excellent knowledge of Ukrainian and English, as the working languages required for performance of duties at the post.
- Ability to organize own work;
- Ability to prioritize work assignments, organize own schedule, perform routine work independently, meet deadlines and adapt to changing demands and multitasks;
- Proficient in basic computer software (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Reader) and ability to use other software packages required by the Office;
- Ability to obtain services from other work units inside or outside the office for completion of tasks;
- Ability to work as a member of a team and manage a heavy workload under time pressure;
- Knowledge of practices and procedures for preparing administrative documents and maintaining file system;
- Ability to compose correspondence and correct documents in accordance with established standards;
- Accuracy and ability to pay attention to details;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Customer service experience in order to provide courteous, prompt and efficient responses to internal clients;
- Understanding of principles of non-discrimination and gender equality;
- Ability to interact with people with tact and diplomacy.
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form. To apply, please visit the ILO Jobs website. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
The ILO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process whether at the application, interview, processing or training stage. Messages originating from a non ILO e-mail account - @ilo.org - should be disregarded. In addition, the ILO does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.