Consultant in Curricular Reform 1
Parent Sector : Education Sector (ED)
Duty Station: Geneva
Classification of duty station: [[filter12]]
Standard Duration of Assignement : [[filter13]]
Job Family: Education
Type of contract : Non Staff
Duration of contract : From 7 to 11 months
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 10-JUN-2023
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
The International Bureau of Education of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO-IBE) Office in Geneva is seeking applications for a Programme Assistant in the Technical Assistance Unit to Member States in Curriculum-related matters.
IBE’s mission is to strengthen the capacities of member states to design, develop, and implement curricula that ensure the equity, quality, development-relevance and resource efficiency of education and learning systems.
IBE-UNESCO's mandate strategically positions it to support member states' efforts to implement Sustainable Development Goal 4 (SDG4) 'Quality education for all' and indeed, other SDGs that depend for their success on effective education and learning systems.
Technical Assistance (TA) is one of the main activities of the IBE. It focuses on all curriculum-related topics on which the BIE has the greatest comparative advantage. IBE’s TA is based on experience and knowledge gained in various regions of the world and countries at different levels of development.Long Description
IBE’s TA is provided "at the request" of the beneficiary countries to strengthen human and institutional capacities at national and local levels through missions undertaken by IBE staff and/or high-level international experts in the field of curricula, the development of tools and capacity building activities among others. Since each country is responsible for its own development, the role of the IBE is to support national efforts, not to replace it.
The objectives of technical assistance are to:
- Strengthening institutional capacity
- Ensure ownership and sustainability at national, departmental and local levels
- Ensure the participation of all stakeholders
Purpose and scope
- In the scope of its 2022-2025 Medium-Term Strategy, IBE is currently undertaking the drafting, launching and implementation of technical assistance projects to Member States as the development of practical and technical tools to accompany countries in curricular reform and transformation processes. The Programme Assistant will therefore contribute to the production and implementation of documents and projects related to the aforementioned activities.
Under the overall authority of the Director of the UNESCO-IBE Director and the direct authority of the Head of the Technical Assistance unit, the Programme Assistant shall undertake the work assignment as follow:
I - Technical Assistance: Support to:
- Identification of Member States’ needs for IBE support.
- Technical support and coordination for the production of cooperation programmes between IBE and partners.
- Production of technical and financial offers for IBE’s technical assistance to Member States.
- Follow up of the technical implementation of the IBE support to Member States.
- Implementation of project activities (ToR for activities, ToR for hiring consultants, managing consultants work and insuring quality control).
- Production of practical guides for curriculum reform and transformation (on overall reform as well as on themed-based axis of transformation on issues including but not limited to: Health and well-being education, Health Promoting Schools, Multilingual education, etc.)
- Production of mappings and case studies on issues including but not limited to: Curricular reform, Multilingual education, etc.
- Production of content for training on issues including but not limited to: Curricular reform, Pedagogies, Learners’ competencies assessment, etc.
III – Institutional development
- Supporting the Director in the organisational and institutional development process of the IBE.
- Supporting resource mobilization and strategic partnerships: project proposals developed for submission in alignment with the new strategy.
- Monthly progress evidence reports on milestones achieved in the execution of tasks listed above.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial) Accountability (C) Communication (C) Innovation (C) Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C) Planning and organizing (C) Results focus (C) Teamwork (C) Professionalism (C) - For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree at Masters level or equivalent in Education, Social Sciences, Political Sciences, Economics, or any related field;
- At least five years of professional experience in the field of education;
- Experience in project design and implementation;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken French and English.
- Work experience in the UN organization or other multilateral organizations;
- Understanding and knowledge of the UN mandates in relation to Human Rights and Gender Equality issues.
Interested candidates are kindly requested to apply and submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Technical and financial proposals indicating monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above, including travel and other related costs. (Applications submitted without a monthly rate will not be considered)
- The contact details of three references.
Your application should be submitted in just one file with all the documents required (pdf format) to be uploaded in the application section "Employment History Form"
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted
SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO recalls that paramount consideration in the appointment of staff members shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity. UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment. UNESCO is committed to achieving and sustaining equitable and diverse geographical distribution, as well as gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Candidates from non- and under-represented Member States (last update here) are particularly welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals from minority groups and indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: