Senior Finance and Administrative Manager
- Organization: CIP - International Potato Center
- Location: Antananarivo
- Grade: Mid level - Mid level
- Operations and Administrations
- Banking and Finance
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-06-07
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking to recruit a dynamic and experienced Senior Finance and Administrative Manager to ensure quality administrative support in the implementation of the “Integration of Orange-fleshed Sweetpotato Value Chain Development” into MIONJO project in Madagascar.
The Position: This position will be hosted by AfricaRice in Madagascar. The selected candidate will be based in Antananarivo, Madagascar and will report to the Regional Finance Manager.
Leadership, Accounting Systems, and Internal Controls
· Provide leadership and management to Madagascar Country and Field Offices and guidance for identifying, recording, and reporting financial transactions within SSA operations in accordance with CIP financial policies and internal controls, CGIAR Financial Guidelines, donor requirements and IFRS.
· Participate in the CIP-Madagascar senior management team meetings representing finance.
· Make recommendations to the Country Management relative to opportunities to enhance financial performance, meet donor compliance regulations, and accomplish strategic objectives.
- Maintains accurate accounting system, including computer data entry, and paper file system.
· Provide financial orientations for new Project International Staff
- In coordination with the Regional Finance Manager update and revise internal accounting policies and procedures, as necessary.
- In conjunction with the Regional Finance Manager assists with the development of the proper financial systems and procedures for record keeping, internal controls, backup and security for all financial internal and external reporting.
- Manage the implementation of financial management policies, procedures, tools and systems to enhance the level of financial performance within CIP Madagascar operations.
- Manage all tax matters applicable to CIP’s operations in the Country, ensuring compliance with applicable local tax provisions in the country.
Project Accounting, Audit, Analysis, and Reporting
- Participate actively in the delivery of, and submission of, timely and accurate financial reporting to funding agencies, World Bank, USAID, donors and CIP management.
- Coordinate all internal and external audits conducted in Madagascar by Internal Audit Unit or other auditors and provide input/perspective/follow-up to respond to audits.
- Oversee quarterly cash forecasts in accordance with optimal working capital utilization in the country.
- Provide bilateral project financial analysis as needed to assist Country Management Team with decision making.
- Oversee in the monthly close process and all accounting operations of the Country.
- Monitor actual expenditure vs. budget and funding obligations for all projects in the country.
- Coordinate with PMU, the annual budgeting process and quarterly forecasting process.
- Ensure proper project startup/close out, focusing primarily on financial aspects, including close out of all related GL accounts in the Country office.
- Oversee subrecipient payments and ensure that required subrecipient audit reports are obtained, reviewed, and appropriate action is taken on any audit issues.
- Work with Regional and HQ Finance Team to ensure that project is responsive to donor and management needs.
- Oversee Inventory Management of all CIP assets by following up on annual assets counts/verification exercise.
Talent Management, Training, and Safety, Health and Environment (SHE)
- Directly supervises the Finance team in Madagascar in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and applicable laws consistent with CIP’s Strategy and Corporate Plan including all aspects of the Talent Management System.
- Responsible for developing, managing, and evaluating staff performance plans for assigned staff
· Recruit, train, and manage a diverse and talented staff to deliver exceptional service to the organization.
- Create and disseminate accounting and compliance best practices across Country field Offices to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of Project Office accounting procedures.
· Provide leadership on the Corporate Objectives relating to the Safety, Health and Environment for International Operations Accounting in coordination with regional RSS unit.
· To assist key partners in assuring that their accounting staff are knowledgeable and competent in CIP financial reporting procedures
· Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business administration.
· 10 year of experience in a similar role. Candidate with strong background and experience of 7 years may be considered relative of the level of responsibility and the relevance of the activities.
· Experience Managing World Bank funds
· Specialization in: Not-for-profit accounting and fund accounting, Project grand and accounting system, Project budget development and management, Project forecasting and Internal and External Audit
· Proficient in MS Office, especially in Excel.
· Accounting software packages (Preferably OCS or Agresso)
· Strong professional experience in accounting preferably in a non-profit environment.
· Experience working with Pre- and post-award grants administration and standard contract clauses.
· Advanced written and oral communication in English and French
· Knowledge of local languages is a plus
- Excellent working environment.
- Compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Fixed term contract of 1 year with possibility of renewal subject on performance and availability of funds.
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace.