Business Support Assistant (G5)
- Organization: WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Colombo
- Grade: Administrative support - Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Sustainable trade and development
- Sustainable Business Development
- Closing Date: 2023-06-08
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Job Title: Business Support Assistant
Type of contract: Fixed Term Contract
Duration: 1 Year
Duty Station: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Vacancy Number : 827363
Date of Publication: 25.05.2023
Deadline of Application: 08.06.2023
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following website for detailed information on working with WFP: http://www.wfp.org
Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
To perform specialized and/or standardized policy and programme as well as business support processes and activities to support the effective delivery of assistance.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Manage entries in the Finance system (WINGS) concerning purchase request, purchase orders, advance payments, etc.. for programming unit.
2. Raise service entry sheets, Good Receipt Note (GRN), operational advances and settlement of advances for an effective and timely implementation of activities.
3. Provide administrative support to activities, ensuring segregation of duty procedures, including the Micro Purchase Orders and Invoice Tracking System (ITS) actions.
4. Coordinate with Programme Units to collate information, using standardized tools, to analyze programme performance and to communicate progress and challenges to Management, Heads of Units Government and Partners.
5. Contribute to improvement of business procedures and processes.
6. Collect and perform basic analysis of data to contribute to quality business information management following established targets, aligned to WFP’s policies and procedures.
7. Within the specific area of responsibility, compile data and support analysis and preparation of reports (e.g. resource utilization, programme status, performance) in order to support operational decision-making.
8. Perform accurate, timely recording of data, following corporate standards and guidelines. Process and manage routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources
9. Work and exchange information with internal counterparts to support effectivecollaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities. Maintain relationships with a range of individuals through provision of business support to assist in information sharing and service delivery to staff.
10. Collate information for inclusion in reports, documents and correspondence, to support the effective work of other staff.
11. Manage travel and transport arrangements for the programme unit
12. Provide secretariat service by managing correspondence, drafting letters, meeting minutes, note for records, etc for the programming unit.
13. Organize programme related workshops, meetings, trainings, events and follow up procurement requests, process settlements.
14. Manage and maintain records and databases, to ensure information is organised and readily available for staff and stakeholders.
15. Act as a point of contact for resolution of general operational queries requesting assistance where necessary and respond to standard queries and provide timely and accurate guidance.
16. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
17. Provide guidance to junior colleagues in performing their duties.
18. Any other duties as required
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate and over two years of experience in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: Five or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Has facilitated communication with technical teams (i.e. Emergency, nutrition, research and monitoring, resilience and capacity stregthening etc.).
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of individuals in order to provide a high-quality support service.
- Ability to carry out basic data analysis and independently rectify problems requiring attention.
- Ability to monitor and record financial transactions.
- Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Language : Proficiency in both oral and written communication skills in English.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders performing front office management functions typically report to the Deputy Directors or Head of Offices. In cases where these positions support a specific business stream, the reporting line may be to the Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of business support activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to more junior colleagues.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline of Application: 08.06.2023
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.