Technical Support Officer
Technical Support Officer
- Job ID
- US-MD-Baltimore | US-DC-Washington
- US Based Positions
- Employment Status
Technical Support Officer needed to effectively run conference room technology and user support of equipment and software. Technical Support Officer is a member of Jhpiego’s Global IT and follows direction from the ISTS Service Desk Manager. The nature of this work requires an individual who is service-oriented, organized, and who can interact with diverse end-users and technical staff, prioritize tasks, and resolve technical issues. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, responding to, troubleshooting, and resolving service requests for Jhpiego-supported hardware and software; creating documentation; providing training to end-users; and collaboration with IT teams. Hardware support includes Windows and Mac laptops and iOS devices. Software support includes Microsoft 365, Mac OS, and Windows (latest version).
Services and Support
- Responds to and resolves service requests, Install, configure, and manage laptops (Windows and MacOS)
- Dispatches, assigns, and categorizes help desk requests in the ticketing system
- Remedies all issues relating to laptop security
- Verifies that Microsoft Windows and Core Software are at current standard versions
- Maintains IT equipment including; replacement parts and warranties
- Provides Audio/Visual support for web conferencing services: set up equipment, maintain conference rooms and coordinate delivery of services with the customer
- Provides troubleshooting, reports reoccurring issues, and research trends for Jhpiego-supported systems
- Troubleshoots Network,Secutiry,Wireless, SharePoint and other related issues before escalation.
- Manages process and procedures for loaner equipment, services and training for laptops, phones, tablets,projectors, and digital cameras.
- Builds and maintains the computer core images using imaging software and/or similar tools
- Trains and supports staff on Microsoft 365 tools and core software
- Conducts on-boarding and off-boarding sessions on Jhpiego’s IT services and policies
- Coordinates purchase and support with customers and vendors, for Jhpiego Software and hardware
- Tests core and noncore hardware\software for Apple and Windows devices
- Evaluates new technology tools and technologies as appropriate and make recommendations
- Sets up and maintains Intune for device management, creating and maintaining security certificates and defining policies and procedures
- Communicates regularly with the ISTS team to ensure that the Office is in compliance with Jhpiego IT regulations and best practices
- Colsults ISTS team to develop a schedule for key activities and reviews
- Maintains system and configuration change documentation
- Follows Jhpiego IT Service Management processes
- Maintains inventory and assets of office IT hardware and software
- Prepares, documents, and communicates system status reports with ISTS team
- Follows the disposal process for outdated equipment, such as preparing\inventorying equipment and scheduling pickup
- Follows ISTS policies, processes, and procedures
- Provides daily/weekly reports on current issues
- Participates in and complete assigned IT projects that meet yearly department goals
- Collaborates with team members to enhance the customer experience
- Develops and maintain content for technical procedures, system configurations, and FAQ’s
- Escalates technical issues to the Network team as needed
- Shares knowledge with Global IT and guides them in the resolution of complex technical problems
- Reports on product bugs or unresolvable cases to Vendor
- Other duties as assigned
- BA in Computer Science, or equivalent experience and knowledge with 4-5 years' related technical and user support experience.
- Highly developed troubleshooting skills and processes, with basic knowledge of network infrastructure, Active Directory, Azure, and security protocols.
- Experience supporting laptops (Windows and MacOS) and mobile devices (Android, Windows, iOS)
- Experience using and supporting Microsoft 365 tools
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage several major activities simultaneously; exercise sound judgment in managing daily technology services, determine priorities, and implement and monitor short and long-range project plans
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to interact well with diverse end-users and technical staff and explain technical issues to non-technical staff.
- Experience training individuals in best practices of using computers, managing personal data files, and software applications
- Excellent communication, verbal and written communication skills and analytical thinking
- Able to carry loads of 50lbs, including servers, printers, and computers for physical set up
- Back stop Jhpiego Help Desk team members, as scheduled in Baltimore/Washinton DC
- Possible international travel is required.
- ITIL Foundation and/or Microsoft Technology certifications preferred
The US-based salary range for this role is expected to be: $55,470 - $66,564
The referenced salary range is based on Johns Hopkins University’s good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. Johns Hopkins offers a total rewards package that supports our employees' health, life, career and retirement. More information can be found here: https://hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife/
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies and current practice. A prior criminal history does not automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate’s conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction relates to an essential job-related qualification or function.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: