Project Management Support - Analyst
New York City
- Organization: UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: New York City
- Grade: Junior level - IICA-1, International Individual Contractors Agreement
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2023-06-07
Job categories Project Management
Vacancy code VA/2023/B5004/26095
Department/office NYPO, SDC, Development and Special Initiatives Portfolio
Duty station New York, United States of America
Contract type International ICA
Contract level IICA-1
Duration Ongoing contract (subject to good performance, availability of funds, organizational requirements and project duration)
Application period 24-May-2023 to 07-Jun-2023
Applications to vacancies must be received before midnight Copenhagen time (CET) on the closing date of the announcement.
The Project Management Support - Analyst is responsible for supporting the Project Manager with the day-to-day implementation of the project, including monitoring of the project budget, identifying probable issues that may need attention, supporting in problem analysis and solution identification, drafting required correspondences to stakeholders concerned and preparing project reports.
- Support the coordination and management of communications to ensure stakeholders are aware of project activities, progress, exceptions and are in a position to accept handover products.
- In coordination with the Project Manager, inform the partner on issues that may impact the achievement of their outcomes (including issues of sustainability and post project requirements such as maintenance).
Delivery and Performance:
- Manage workshop preparation inclusive of travels, procurement and participants.
- Support the Project Manager on the delivery of assigned work packages.
- Prepare and maintain project files, including internal and external project reports.
- Manage information flows and oversee change controls, risk registers and issue management by establishing document control procedures.
- Inform the Project Manager of any deviations from the plan and update plans. Work with the Project Manager to identify and manage risks.
- Maintain all supporting project financial documents for audit and review processes.
- Ensure accurate data entry into UNOPS ERP system (OneUNOPS) and OneUNOPS Projects – as appropriate.
- Monitor project budget and financial expenditure and all administrative procedures in line with the work- plan.
- Process direct payments and advance requests and prepare project budget revisions.
- Supports the Project Manager with financial reports; including developing financial monitoring and reporting formats as per UNOPS requirements.
- Support the Project Manager by monitoring budgets, cash flow and reporting on expense obligations to ensure that deliverables are met.
- Alert the Project Manager or any financial shortfalls and over-expenditures. Propose budget revision and initiate corrective action when necessary. Coordinate vendor communications, meetings, and reports as necessary
- Provide substantive inputs to assist the Project Manager in the preparation of project reports and documents, ensure compliance with contractual obligations and UNOPS policies, processes and procedures
- Maintain records of project files and other supporting documents.
- Maintain the following records: Quality Register, Configuration Item Records and all other registers/logs delegated by the Project Manager
- Support the Project Manager in maintaining the following:
- Electronic Blue File
- Procurement, HR and Finance les as required by UNOPS policies
- Manage the compilation, consolidation and analysis of relevant data of the mission
- Participate in the relevant Communities of Practice
- Contribute to expertise in tools and techniques.
- Support the compilation of lessons learned as per de ned reporting format.
- Contribute to the dissemination and sharing of best practices and lessons learned for planning and knowledge building.
Monitoring and Progress Controls
- Tracking of project-plan metrics that include performance indicators on management of project team, project budget, project activities duration and project deliverables quality.
- Tracking of project issues and implementation of corrective actions.
- Tracking of project risks and implementation of risks mitigations plan.
- Managing quality of service as agreed with partners.
- Preparing timely project-related reports, including project highlight report, project plan progress report, project issues report, project risks report and project quality management report.
- University Degree (bachelor’s degree) preferably in Project Management, Business Administration, International Relations, Finance, or other relevant discipline.
- Advanced university degree (Master's degree) in any of the above mentioned areas will be considered an asset.
- Minimum one (1) year of professional experience in project support and reporting is essential.
- Fluency in English is required