ICT Senior Assistant – Data and Analytics , Multiple positions
- Organization: UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: Valencia
- Grade: Administrative support - GS-5, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position
- Administrative support
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: 2023-06-11
Under the overall supervision of UNOPS Senior Programme Manager, the ICT Senior Assistant - Analytics and Data will carry out his/her tasks within the United Nations Global Service Center (UNGSC) Office in Valencia, Spain and will report to the Analytics Delivery Lead or designated personnel. The personnel will be responsible for the following duties:
Summary of Key Functions:
- Business Intelligence (BI) and Data analysis and development
- BI and Data support and maintenance
- Knowledge management and documentation
1. Business Intelligence (BI) and Data analysis and development
- Assist in the development of SAP HANA views and SAP Business Warehouse (BW) data models;
- Assist in the design and development of reports and dashboards using tools like SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) or SAP Business Objects (BO).
- Analyze requirements and develop visualizations and reporting solution.
- Assist in the monitoring of Extract, Transformation and Load (ETL) processes to bring data from various data sources into data repositories and warehouses
2. BI and Data support and maintenance
- Perform sanity checks and unit testing of reports; participate in end-user testing for bug fixing and issues resolution.
- Process support Work Orders by troubleshooting and resolving reporting and BI incidents and problems.
- Analyze and investigate BI issues and apply fixes as / when needed
3. Knowledge management and documentation
- Develop documentation and any other pertinent material as requested.
- Maintain knowledge base for data and analytics related issues
- Assist training team in developing material
Impact of Results
The result of work of the ICT Senior Assistant – Data and Analytics impacts directly on delivery of services that satisfy the requirements of ERPSD as well as the performance of the services implemented in Umoja Analytics. It will also ensure proper processes and methodologies are followed and implemented according to the latest of the industry standards.The incumbent is responsible for ensuring activities for all global locations are in line with the overall business targets and UN policies, rules and regulations..
*CANDIDATES WITH NO UNITED NATIONS OR UNOPS EXPERIENCE ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- First level degree may replace some years of experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible professional experience in the field of ICT, Information Systems, or other related fields is required.
Of the five years:
- A minimum of 1 year of experience with SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) or SAP Business Objects or SAP BW or SAP HANA
- A minimum of 1 year of experience with data science or data integration, cleansing and ETL related areas
- A minimum of 1 year of experience with SQL or any other database tool
Desired experience: The following experience is optional. Candidates who do not have it are welcome to apply
- Experience in solving analytical problems using quantitative techniques
- Experience in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- Experience in SAP HANA
- Experience in SAP ERP
- Experience in data science, predictive and data mining solutions
- Ability to take high level, loosely-defined business problems and identify precise, quantitative solutions.
- Experience in writing of various communications materials and related documents;
- Several years experience in service management and project support;
- Good understanding of ITIL processes.
- Fluency in English (read, write, speak) is required.
- Knowledge of another United Nations official language is an asset.