Programme Associate (Field Level Agreement) SC6 | Kyiv, Ukraine
Career Opportunities: Programme Associate (Field Level Agreements) SC-6 | Kyiv | One year
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
🚩 Vacancy Announcement n°: 827146
📢 Job Title: Programme Associate
📌Type of Contract: Service Contract
➡️ Unit / Division: Programme/partnership Unit / WFP Ukraine
📍 Duty Station: Kyiv
➡️ Duration: 12 months (renewable)
⏰ Closing date: 08 June, midnight (Central European Time)
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), a highly prestigious, reputable & world’s largest humanitarian organization, operating in more than 120 countries and territories, bringing life-saving assistance in emergencies, building pathways to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change and supporting sustainable and resilient livelihoods for a world with zero hunger.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do, and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP's values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
What will you do in this position?
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Policy Officer and the overall supervision of the Head of the Programme, the Programme Associate/FLA (hereinafter - PA/FLA )will be responsible for the provision of support to policy and programme activities that effectively meet NGO partnerships management. PA/FLA will manage activities aimed at ensuring that WFP remains compliant with its policies and guidelines in engaging it's cooperating partners. These activities include implementing due diligence activities, analysing budgets from the cooperating partners (CP) and expenditure trends, WFP’s business processes, capacity building and strengthening of the CPs and WFP staff. At this level, the job holder is expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to various queries with only general guidance.
Why work with us?
The war in Ukraine continues to displace people, damage infrastructure, disrupt supply chains and hold back the country’s economy. One in three households is estimated to be food-insecure, rising to one in two in some areas of the east and south. More than 6 million Ukrainians have been internally displaced and more than 6 million have left the country. Almost 6 million Ukrainians are internally displaced and nearly 8 million are living as refugees in Europe. Many of those who remain have lost their livelihoods, especially in areas close to the front lines. Those who returned are struggling to rebuild their lives, having run out of money or found their homes reduced to rubble.
WFP supports 3 million people every month in Ukraine, using a flexible mix of food and cash assistance. We support people wherever they are, including in areas close to the front line.
This is an opportunity for an exciting and challenging role in a multicultural, hardworking, fun and interdisciplinary team. In addition,
What is in for you?
➡️ WFP is a 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate.
➡️ WFP offers a highly inclusive, diverse and multicultural working environment.
➡️ WFP invests in the personal & professional development of its employees through a range of training, accreditation, coaching, mentorship and other programs as well as through internal mobility opportunities.
➡️ A career path in WFP provides an exciting opportunity to work across various countries, regional and global offices around the world, and with passionate colleagues who work tirelessly to ensure that effective humanitarian assistance reaches millions of people across the globe.
➡️ WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, leave plus medical insurance.
Join us to make a difference in 🇺🇦 Ukraine, watch this video to know more about us!!
How can you make a difference?
The position holder will be responsible for the following duties:
- Preparation of drafts Field Level Agreements and/or memoranda of understanding (MOUs) between WFP and NGO partners and also WFP and Government counterparts;
- Provide up-to-date tracking of the utilization of budget against planned targets, and advise on any observed discrepancies and implications;
- Support NGO Partner invoice-claim and payment process; ensuring timely review, verification and processing of invoices, including distribution reports by all relevant team members as per the established standard operating procedures (SOP);
To provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
- Support capacity assessments for partners (NGO, government, civil societies etc) to establish gaps and support the development and implementation of capacity-building activities/training;
- Ensure that the partner payment status is produced and circulated to Management on a monthly basis and feedback is provided to partners on a timely basis as per the SOPs;
- Assist in maintaining an up-to-date “FLA Tracking Sheet” and share with Programme Policy Officer on a weekly basis, provide status of signed versus unsigned, commitments (Purchase Orders), expenditures (SES) and payments, creates SOAs, PODAs, SESes if requested;
- Ensure that the FLA filing system captures all updates, in liaison/consultation with M&E and that the Master list of partners captures all updates;
- Collects information for briefings on partnerships, FLA for programme briefings, talking points, and reports as required; prepares NFRs and other docs for CPC and TRAC
- Draft correspondences/memorandums related to partnerships and FLAs or amendments; is a focal point for CPs;
- Maintain an up-to-date list of contacts of all NGO partners’ focal points; is CP focal point;
- Design and implement an efficient filing system (electronic and hard copies) on FLA matters. - Support NGO-partner performance monitoring/evaluation, documentation and filing by coordinating the timely submission of input by all relevant entities;
- Support review/development of tracking tools for the relevant Units/individuals for NGO performance management;
- Undertake performance reviews and provide periodic updates (monthly and at the end of agreements) on partner performance for WFP’s timely feedback to the partners on their performances;
- Support collection and documentation of best practices during the project implementation processes to be used for advocacy and partnership development;
- Review, troubleshoot and follow up with NGO partners on all contractual and reporting obligations, including monitoring and evaluation, and advise the Programme Policy officer on the need to escalate follow-up;
- Assist to Programme Policy officer on FLA budget implementation monitoring and tracking including bilateral meetings with NGO partners and field oversight visits.
- Assist in the development of proper filing system project documents including the FLAs;
- Support the Programme unit with additional tasks, as required by Programme Policy Officer.
To join us in saving lives, changing lives, you will have for...
First Degree, preferably in Social Sciences, Finance, Public Administration, Governance & Public Policy, International Relations, or development studies. A master's degree is an asset
At least 6 years of progressive working experience;
Experience in partnerships/budget management, agreement formulation or equivalent roles, including in CSO, experience in International organization is an asset, and experience in food support is an asset;
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Proficiency in MS Office packages, especially word processing and spreadsheet
- Specialized knowledge of the application of common business processes, practical business support methods, procedures and systems used, gained through technical training and work experience
- Ability to analyse and interpret programmatic and financial data
- Good communication skills to provide specialized business support services to a wide range of individuals within WFP and externally
- Ability to build relationships with a variety of individuals across functions; and Experience in coordinating the work of others and self, training, and supporting others
LANGUAGE: Fluency in oral and written communication in English and Ukrainian languages.
Before you apply...
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
We aim to achieve parity in our teams in Ukraine. Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
How do you apply...
To be considered, you are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings). CV and cover letter must be submitted in English language.
Only those who are short-listed candidates will be contacted for the next steps of our recruitment process.
We also encourage you to create your candidate profile and set up WFP job alerts to learn more about all the opportunities available to join us and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: